Consequences for job abandonment

I wanted to know what the consequences were for just leaving and never showing up again. Do you think a new employer might find out about it? If a new employer calls UPS and asks about my previous employment, do you know what it might say? Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wanted to know what the consequences were for just leaving and never showing up again were.
Lemme guess...you’ve worked here a week?

If you want to quit, then quit. Nothing wrong with admitting that the job isn’t right for you. I would tell my sup and try to be an adult about it and not just walk out like a toddler having a tantrum, but to each their own. The end result is the same....back to Wendy’s/McDonald’s/Walmart for you.

oldngray

nowhere special
participated.jpg

Lemme guess...you’ve worked here a week?

If you want to quit, then quit. Nothing wrong with admitting that the job isn’t right for you. I would tell my sup and try to be an adult about it and not just walk out like a toddler having a tantrum, but to each their own. The end result is the same....back to Wendy’s/McDonald’s/Walmart for you.
I was there for 5 or 6 months, part time while I finished my undergraduate degree. I knew UPS's retention rate but I liked my job. I loved the people there, but they had no power in changing my reasoning for quitting. The company flaunted promises of education assistance and failed to deliver. I spent weeks on the phone with them asking them how to fix it but they didn't help. I submitted everything correctly, everything they asked for and more but they rejected an already approved application, and when I appealed with more documents they rejected that too for a reason that I had already addressed and provided documents for early on. Thousands of dollars just taunting me, and so once I knew they had no intention of giving me that money I left and said nothing. I gave that company the same amount of respect they gave me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was there for 5 or 6 months, part time while I finished my undergraduate degree. I knew UPS's retention rate but I liked my job. I loved the people there, but they had no power in changing my reasoning for quitting. The company flaunted promises of education assistance and failed to deliver. I spent weeks on the phone with them asking them how to fix it, but they couldn't help. I submitted everything correctly, everything they asked for and more but they rejected an already approved application, and when I appealed with more documents they rejected that too for a reason that I had already addressed and provided documents for early on. Thousands of dollars just taunting me, and so once I knew they had no intention of giving me that money I left and said nothing. I gave that company the same amount of respect they gave me.
I never had an issue being reimbursed for my classes. Granted it was a lot of paperwork and red tape and the money sure took its sweet time. If you want to quit, then quit.

I never had an issue being reimbursed for my classes. Granted it was a lot of paperwork and red tape and the money sure took its sweet time. If you want to quit, then quit.
I had no problem submitting the paperwork. The problem boiled down to them not wanting to accept it, they didn't want to give me that money. I gave them everything the second I had it and they metaphorically told me to :censored2: off.

I've already left, I'm asking about what the consequences might be from people who have worked there or still work there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had no problem submitting the paperwork. The problem boiled down to them not wanting to accept it, they didn't want to give me that money. I gave them everything the second I had it and they metaphorically told me to :censored2: off.

I've already left, I'm asking about what the consequences might be from people who have worked there or still work there.
If they wouldn’t reimburse you it was probably grade dependent. Consequences? There are no consequences, other than you’re unemployed. UPS doesn’t care.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I've already left, I'm asking about what the consequences might be
Why are you worried about putting down a job that you’ve only were at a few months...that’s embarrassing. Probably best to not even mention you worked at UPS ..6 MONTHS IS EMBARRASSING!
UPS is easy... Wait till you get a real job...
🧔✊

Est.1998

I wanted to know what the consequences were for just leaving and never showing up again
Child Support? Usually what happens when the father tries to avoid responsibility.
Do you think a new employer might find out about it? If a new employer calls UPS and asks about my previous employment, do you know what it might say?
New employer won't care.
Especially over a part time job you've worked for 6 months.
I would've even put UPS on my resume.

If they wouldn’t reimburse you it was probably grade dependent. Consequences? There are no consequences, other than you’re unemployed. UPS doesn’t care.
Nope, they re-imburse for D- and up. I had good grades, I submitted everything they asked for. There was a mistake early on but I addressed it repeatedly, reminding them that I had already corrected the issue. They refused to correct it or do anything to fix it on their end.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Me and about 5 of my friends have been using each other as references since High School. I’ve only received one call for a reference since we’ve started this

Why are you worried about putting down a job that you’ve only were at a few months...that’s embarrassing. Probably best to not even mention you worked at UPS ..6 MONTHS IS EMBARRASSING!
UPS is easy... Wait till you get a real job...
🧔✊
UPS is stupid easy, but I'm not gonna keep working for a company that plays stupid games like that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS is stupid easy, but I'm not gonna keep working for a company that plays stupid games like that.
I always was told you had to have a C or higher for reimbursement but regardless, it’s a moot point now.

You think UPS is the only company that plays games? Welcome to the real world. If you’re planning to throw a tantrum and quit everytime things don’t go your way....life will kick the snot out of you.

Employee of the month?
What do you think they are?
Is your wife making you ask this?
I'm not asking about personal consequences :censored2:, I was asking if anyone knew what their policy was on job abandonment. For example if a new employer called them up, would it say I was fired or I resigned by job abandonment. Not whatever bull:censored2: you were going on about

Not true, I did my job and did it right. I loaded packages quicker than most of the people on the belt. I didn't take breaks, I didn't play on my phone or talk to people on the phone like other people. I stayed late to help clean up :censored2: for the next people.