Consequences for job abandonment

What was the appeal process like and are you sure that you had no other higher authority to appeal to after your initial appeal was rejected?
I filed the appeal, I called and asked why it was rejected. They said it was because of the issue that was already resolved. I told them this, they said to just put in the documents I submitted before. I did. They rejected it again because of the issue that was already resolved.

Keep in mind, everything I submitted to them for both the original application AND the appeal, I submitted on the other application that they approved and processed.

You can't read bro I don't care about what the supervisors think, they can't do anything anyway. I'm saying you probably work stupid long hours, sacrificing your time for an extra buck instead of doing something meaningful like having a family

Pullman Brown

You're probably the most sane person on this website. There is more to the story but not in the way you think. I wouldn't have left the way I did if there was. They were obsessing over an issue I had already fixed. I know this because I submitted 2 applications, they told me many times I could do that and there was no problem with it. They gave me money for one of the applications which was a fraction of the total they were going to give me for the other one. I submitted the exact same documents for both.

To re-cap, they gave me money for one, the one which was significantly smaller than the other. They rejected the other which was worth thousands of dollars, twice. Despite them approving and sending the money out for the other one.

It could have happened to anyone, but I'd be a fool if I let it happen twice. That's why I quit.
What was this issue they were obsessing over?

What was this issue they were obsessing over?
I submitted the wrong document, it was my mistake at first. I re-submitted it the next day with the correct document and I figured it was fine. It doesn't make sense though because after I fixed it on both applications (I checked them both maybe a dozen times) they still went ahead and approved one, and rejected the other. Same exact documents for both. Same correction for both.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nice. Come on I’m just asking questions. If UPS is shorting people money then somebody has to speak up right?
Shorting a paycheck? Absolutely. Not getting a tuition reimbursement...I’m sure there’s fine print somewhere. I’ve never heard of anyone not being reimbursed eventually (the money can take months) except for grades. He submitted the wrong documents, that’s on him.

Pullman Brown

I submitted the wrong document, it was my mistake at first. I re-submitted it the next day with the correct document and I figured it was fine. It doesn't make sense though because after I fixed it on both applications (I checked them both maybe a dozen times) they still went ahead and approved one, and rejected the other. Same exact documents for both. Same correction for both.
I don’t know. Maybe somebody else on here has had the same experience and could shed some light on the situation. Or not. Sorry that happened to you.

Shorting a paycheck? Absolutely. Not getting a tuition reimbursement...I’m sure there’s fine print somewhere. I’ve never heard of anyone not being reimbursed eventually (the money can take months) except for grades. He submitted the wrong documents, that’s on him.
Nah, I submitted the wrong documents but then submitted the right ones a day later. I called them up and asked if that would impact the decision, they said no. They even told me to re-submit the same documents when it was first rejected, not appeal the decision. They then said to appeal it, and I appealed it. They rejected it again. All with the right documents.

I gotta emphasize again, they DID give me money for one application. They said that there was nothing wrong with submitting TWO because of my course-load. It was initially a mistake on my part, but that mistake became their mistake over and over again. I'm not responsible for their incompetence.

Pullman Brown

Don’t let something like that cause you not to man up and tell an employer it’s not going to work out again. Then you won’t be in a position where you have to worry about all this.

Don’t let something like that cause you not to man up and tell an employer it’s not going to work out again. Then you won’t be in a position where you have to worry about all this.
Never done this before in my professional career. I've always given 2 weeks notice minimum, even when I hated the work. I didn't hate the work here.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't regret leaving that way, and nobody cares. You're retired from UPS, you don't know how the world works. Job loyalty aint real
Yes I know how the world works---If that's the way you want to live your life go for it. I'm sure the next 10 jobs you have will be just as easy to quit.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Screenshot_20200723-185117_Samsung Internet.jpg

Box Handler of Dallas

I'm not asking about personal consequences :censored2:, I was asking if anyone knew what their policy was on job abandonment. For example if a new employer called them up, would it say I was fired or I resigned by job abandonment. Not whatever bull:censored2: you were going on about
You didn't resign when you stopped showing up. UPS terminated you for job abandonment. If a future employer were to call UPS and ask if you were eligible for rehire, they would be told no. I'm in agreement with the other guys, I wouldn't even put UPS on the resume for the six months you were there.