Contract packet

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not since I’ve been there I’ve only worked there for a year part time . I don’t really know when they are going on.

At your facility, there should be a "Union only" bulletin board with the latest official postings....

including the dates and times of all meetings held at your Local Union.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
This is a serious question is it worth me as a part timer to go to the union meetings?
In general yes especially if you have questions needing answers.
Part timers are the biggest voice in this union because there’s a substantial amount more of them.
It’s good to go with questions but have them ready to be presented. Don’t just wing it, write them down.

Angler87!

In general yes especially if you have questions needing answers.
Part timers are the biggest voice in this union because there’s a substantial amount more of them.
It’s good to go with questions but have them ready to be presented. Don’t just wing it, write them down.
Okay thanks also is it true that us a part timers get two paid option days that we can take ?

Fido

Okay thanks also is it true that us a part timers get two paid option days that we can take ?
Depends on your local probably. I didn’t spend much time in part time when I started in 2018 so I don’t know much. If you want to look more into your supplement/rider you should just look it up on Google. It will tell you everything.
You can also contact your locals union hall and ask them to send you a copy of the contract book as well.

Angler87!

Depends on your local probably. I didn’t spend much time in part time when I started in 2018 so I don’t know much. If you want to look more into your supplement/rider you should just look it up on Google. It will tell you everything.
You can also contact your locals union hall and ask them to send you a copy of the contract book as well.
Oh I’ve got a contract book when I started in 2021 but don’t see anything about that but I was told yesterday by someone that’s a part timer that been there for years that I do get two . Maybe I’ll try to catch a union Steward tonight. What exactly do you mean by the supplement/rider mean?

Fido

Oh I’ve got a contract book when I started in 2021 but don’t see anything about that but I was told yesterday by someone that’s a part timer that been there for years that I do get two . Maybe I’ll try to catch a union Steward tonight. What exactly do you mean by the supplement/rider mean?
If it’s based on paid time off it’s in the contract. You have to check your supplements articles because paid time always varies from local to local. Just got to skim through it.
There’s different sections of contracts
Master agreement
Supplemental agreement
Rider addendum
It’s all put into one book usually color coated pages to separate master articles to supplement to rider.
Check out @RoswellHub videos he posts in union section of this forum or just go in his YouTube page. He talks about different things with members that could possibly answer some questions you got.

Angler87!

If it’s based on paid time off it’s in the contract. You have to check your supplements articles because paid time always varies from local to local. Just got to skim through it.
There’s different sections of contracts
Master agreement
Supplemental agreement
Rider addendum
It’s all put into one book usually color coated pages to separate master articles to supplement to rider.
Check out @RoswellHub videos he posts in union section of this forum or just go in his YouTube page. He talks about different things with members that could possibly answer some questions you got.
Okay thanks I appreciate your help I will skim through it again. Plus if I catch a union rep tonight I’ll ask him.

Angler87!

Thanks idiot I got my questions answered already and if you don’t like me asking questions then you don’t have to bother answering them plain and simple! Isn’t this what this site is for ? If not tell me exactly what it’s for!!