Cooking in the Cab

djkre8r

Since I am on a rural route for peak season - there are no restaurants nearby. I am about tired of PB&J, Turkey, Ham, etc sandwiches. Last year I would place my can of potted meat and a baggie with tortillas over the defroster and heat them up (about 20 min cook time). I thought maybe one of those Campbell Soups that come in a bag may warm up pretty good. Does anyone have any cleaver ideas for a warm lunch made in the cab?

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reminded me of the episode of Wings when Roy Biggins and Lowel Mathers were selling the "Car-B-Que".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
:cowboy:
762210p.jpg

gingerkat

Sorry, just reading this title of this thread made me think of the driver making meth - lol

Sorry, gumby isn't here to derail, so I thought I would help. Carry on

Since I am on a rural route for peak season - there are no restaurants nearby. I am about tired of PB&J, Turkey, Ham, etc sandwiches. Last year I would place my can of potted meat and a baggie with tortillas over the defroster and heat them up (about 20 min cook time). I thought maybe one of those Campbell Soups that come in a bag may warm up pretty good. Does anyone have any cleaver ideas for a warm lunch made in the cab?
Potted meat? For some reason that doesn't sound to appetizing.

gingerkat

Lets go Ovah! I remember you like to take your unmentionables off at times, just for :censored2:z and giggles - tee hee (I kept them for good luck:blushing2:)

OptimusPrime

Buy some Bouillon cubes. Dissolved in water, they make a broth. Boil that in the morning, and pour it into a thermos. Add two hot dogs. Put two hot dog buns in a ziploc bag. When around 30 minutes of lunch. Sprinkle a couple of drops of the broth into said ziploc bag, and kind of steam them on the defroster. At lunch time pour you a nice hot cup of broth, bringing out the hotdogs, slap them sum bitches on the buns, and proceed to enjoy.

JakeD

Is there a place you could use a Jetboil? (im guessing they'd frown on that IN the cab, even while stopped). even if you have to do it outside.. it should only take 3mins to boil 1-2c water.

look up a method called Freezer bag cooking. you put dehydrated stuff like Pasta sides or Rice sides, ramen whatever (add tuna, french fried onions for extra additions) in a quart size freezer bag , add like 1-1.5c boiling water. Then put the bag in a pouch made of reflective foam (can be made cheap out of windshield sun things). 10-15 mins and you have hot food. I use this backpacking all the time and works great.
0710021959.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
I have been doing sandwiches and bananas on the run till the end of the day. Then I stop at a coffee shop on the way to the building for coffee and soup. They have a fireplace and I sit by it and warm up.

It is a wonderful thing.

gingerkat

oh just great Ovah, now I'll never get that song out of my head - lol. I still remember when that came out… I was so fascinated for some reason?

It's okay 407, good funny stuff!