Corp sez: Rentals going back now, not after Xmas

Undertow

I never thought every one of the rentals I saw on the property in the days leading up to Thanksgiving would really be put to use, but as things turned out we have needed every last one of them at least up to this point.

The sheer size of some of these Pottery Barn For Kids orders can fill up one of them alone. Nobody would relish delivering 250+ resi stops in one, but they are extremely effective for taking off big bulk stop deliveries and pickups. The additional capacity has been the biggest difference between success and failure in my corner of Brown.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Part of the strategy for renting them early is to be sure they have them in case they need them. Keep fedex and other delivery companies from getting their hands on them when the excrement hits the oscillating air moving device.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have too many rentals and empty package cars. They seem to be used for dropping Surepost off at the post office and shuttling golf cart and PVD routes out. Then they move Missed packages around and make pickups.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Part of the strategy for renting them early is to be sure they have them in case they need them. Keep fedex and other delivery companies from getting their hands on them when the excrement hits the oscillating air moving device.
this was my favorite part when the word came down, they said we could always get them back if we needed them again

yah, if they’re still available....

Did you come up with that comeback on your own or did Corporate have to help you?
i actually have a PhD in comebacks, it came in the mail years ago with one of my Article 7’s

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yep . Last night was a real joy because of it. 19 of 28 to send back. Fortunately a lot of them I had not had the time or placard to fit them out. I also largely ignored requests for shelves. Bonus.

We have have about 20 rentals sitting in our parking lot 4 of them are tractors. I doubt we will need them.

Star B

White Lightening
Oh yeah, and then return them right before the heavy weeks. That makes TOTAL sense.

I'd go for the more sensible option of "Get them early so if we need them we have them, better to have and not need than need and not have"