Corp sez: Rentals going back now, not after Xmas

boxdust

last week our center manager went and got 3 more rentals. if they got rid of them peak would be impossible to complete.

Arch

I've been driving the little 10 footer uhauls the past two weeks and I have to say that they are pretty sweet. You feel you are in a luxury with free radio, smooth suspension and a quiet cabin. Plus I dont have to climb steps in and out all the time. The non existing rear camera isn't a problem when I use my helper to be my eyes and loading the back isn't a problem as long as I keep everything on the floor. We just use them for surepost, prelim the ups store and take 30 to 50 stops away from drivers which it is possible to fill up the back and all on the floor in delivery order.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
car washers have been coming in an hour early last week OT just to jockey around the empty rentals left in the building so they can park the regular cars. on top of the rental fee, they paid over a grand in OT to have them driven around the building.

specter208

center manager spoke about this at PCM yesterday. Says Corp is seeing that some trucks are not being used and will have some taken away. Also said that he would like to keep as many rental trucks as possible and asked drivers using them to record the Temporary ID properly in their DIAD and not use the venders number.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Us too, let all the air out of the room at pcm yesterday when we realized how screwed we are. All the browns are going to to bricked with 450 pieces with no shuttles....now I'm wondering what in the hell the seasonals are going to do without a truck to drive.... I guess they'll be jumpers

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
center manager spoke about this at PCM yesterday. Says Corp is seeing that some trucks are not being used and will have some taken away. Also said that he would like to keep as many rental trucks as possible and asked drivers using them to record the Temporary ID properly in their DIAD and not use the venders number.
We have 3 rentals with the same temporary car number

brostalss

A number of years ago our District scrapped a bunch of old package cars right before Peak for some silly state tax credits. We were screwed that year. They couldn't have scrapped them on December 26th? Really?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Do you also hold a PhD in spinning around in a chair?
I do!

Spinning chair.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Amazon needs them to replace the two amazon prime vans that passed me on the highway today. Sitting on a trailer totaled out with the front ends smashed back into the driver and passenger seating area.

AwashBwashCwash

car washers have been coming in an hour early last week OT just to jockey around the empty rentals left in the building so they can park the regular cars. on top of the rental fee, they paid over a grand in OT to have them driven around the building.

My favorite part of peak this year is all the outside driver hires who don't have a friggin clue what working sort is like and just leave their :censored2: everywhere. It's a real pleasure to be in the process of trying to pull trucks in and out of the building to get unloaded when some :censored2: pulls in like a bat out of hell and leaves his truck right in front of the bay doors so that I can't move anything. My favorite so far was some guy leaving his U-haul pulled up to the diesel pump and then taking his keys home so that it couldn't be moved. Then again he probably learned the "leave your car in the worst possible spot and then go home with your keys" from the regular drivers since there's always 4-5 of them that do it every night.
I'm also a fan of the guys who drive their cars up to the propane pump and don't pull it forward enough so that I immediately have to move it again, often within their sight. Do they learn? Nope.

Why don't they just let the sort crew go out and drive during peak instead of hiring all these eggheads? At least we already know how to drive the damn trucks.

WTFm8

I'm also a fan of the guys who drive their cars up to the propane pump and don't pull it forward enough so that I immediately have to move it again, often within their sight. Do they learn? Nope.

That’s when you make sure you open the bulkhead and move package car without a seatbelt on so it goes on their log before punching out...