corporations find their dream worker under massive for profit prison system

rickyb

A landmark class-action lawsuit is accusing the for-profit prison company GEO Group of violating federal anti-slavery laws by forcing up to tens of thousands of detained immigrants to work for for free, or for as little as $1 a day. The lawsuit was first filed in 2014 and won class-action status last week. It accuses GEO Group of forcing people detained at the Denver Contract Detention Facility to work without pay to clean the facility—or face solitary confinement if they refuse. It also accuses GEO Group of breaking Colorado’s minimum wage laws by paying only $1 a day for other work carried out by prisoners inside the jail. GEO Group owns and operates the Denver detention center under a contract with ICE.

wkmac

Hey rickyb ,
Is it true that seven years ago Tradeau converted from Roman Catholicism to Muslim ?

In 2016 he converted from RC to Islam.

Are links available? A search led to questionable sources but most refer to a 13 minute press conference which I would think a video might be available. The only thing even related to the issue of Islam is this video made for the Reviving Islamic Spirit convention. I would think a conversion from RC to Islam by western nationstate and member of NATO would be a much bigger news story than what net searches seen to suggest it is.

dudebro

re: attica

"After three days of negotiations, in which the prison authorities refused to grant the rebellious prisoners amnesty, 550 New York state troopers, 200 sheriff’s deputies and numerous Attica prison guards were issued high-powered weapons, including rifles loaded with especially destructive bullets that expanded on impact, bullets banned in warfare under the Geneva Conventions."

..."Meanwhile, inside the retaken institution, many prisoners were suffering from gunshot wounds that would not be treated for days. Some were stripped and made to run gantlets in which they were beaten by guards with ax handles, baseball bats and rifle butts. Those singled out as the leaders of the rebellion were marked with Xs on their backs, forced to crawl through mud, tortured and in few cases, it appears, executed."

you cant call your country "free" (which it isnt anyways) when you treat prisoners like this

I might disagree on some stuff, but I think you're right on this one. I think for this issue, the Netherlands has it figured out.

rickyb

Hey rickyb ,
Is it true that seven years ago Tradeau converted from Roman Catholicism to Muslim ?
trudeau is alot like obama even though he is white, they are essentially the same 2 frauds. mind you trump may be an even bigger fraud than obama.

trudeau is french so im guessing hes catholic. thats not really something i care about when im voting for someone because being religious is one thing but actually practicing what you preach is quite another. bernie sanders followed the principles of religion far more closely than anyone in the 2 party dictatorship, and im pretty sure he wasnt actually relgious.

anyways, i dont like trudeau and didnt vote for him, but he did call the terrorist attack on the quebec mosque a terrorist attack which was good because thats exactly what it was.

now if only he can call the government's imperial adventures acts of terrorism then we are really heading in the right direction lol.

btw i read yesterday US government terrorism has increased 400% since trump took office because thats the number he has increased violent drone attacks.

wkmac

trudeau is alot like obama even though he is white, they are essentially the same 2 frauds. mind you trump may be an even bigger fraud than obama.

trudeau is french so im guessing hes catholic. thats not really something i care about when im voting for someone because being religious is one thing but actually practicing what you preach is quite another. bernie sanders followed the principles of religion far more closely than anyone in the 2 party dictatorship, and im pretty sure he wasnt actually relgious.

anyways, i dont like trudeau and didnt vote for him, but he did call the terrorist attack on the quebec mosque a terrorist attack which was good because thats exactly what it was.

now if only he can call the government's imperial adventures acts of terrorism then we are really heading in the right direction lol.

btw i read yesterday US government terrorism has increased 400% since trump took office because thats the number he has increased violent drone attacks.

I won't say Obama or Trump are bigger frauds than the other, they are just frauds that differ in narratives that sell to their supporters.

oldngray

nowhere special
yea it was on a keiser report episode and its probably true considering how many people are locked up in america. and actually if you look it up theres a ton of articles on it

So you can't back up your claim then? Its not on him to look it up. Since you can't that invalidates your argument.

rickyb

So you can't back up your claim then? Its not on him to look it up. Since you can't that invalidates your argument.
i can live with that ;)

i noticed conservatives such as yourself are pretty immature on here. you guys fall silent whenever i talk about state terrorism, or your love of centralized economic control

oldngray

nowhere special
i can live with that ;)

i noticed conservatives such as yourself are pretty immature on here. you guys fall silent whenever i talk about state terrorism, or your love of centralized economic control

When you are saying nonsense there is no point in repeatedly telling you so.