cost cutting

downtown

Does your mall have a Rack Room? I was called today by our new dispatch sup who replaced me, asking for advice on something, and he told me, I don't know if this has any truth but supposedly Rack Room is now going to FedEx, I am sure that will upset a lot of people.......lol.

Losing Rack Room won't hurt my feelings. Won't miss those 50 boxes a day

mpeedy

At our mall the footlocker manager said they were changing back because Fed-Ex Ground was stealing alot of shoes.

crazygill

Our trucks every day are not washed, windows dirty you name it it is not being done this has been going on for over a year, NO MONEY IN WASHED TRUCKS Who cares if you cant see back camera every morning you have to clean it, but miss one box scan and all the lights go off and the phone wil ring
WE CALL IT THE BEAN COUNTERS AT THEIR BEST.

LKLND3380

Our trucks every day are not washed, windows dirty you name it it is not being done this has been going on for over a year, NO MONEY IN WASHED TRUCKS Who cares if you cant see back camera every morning you have to clean it, but miss one box scan and all the lights go off and the phone wil ring
WE CALL IT THE BEAN COUNTERS AT THEIR BEST.

I noticed a couple trucks as they left the building needed a wash... Very sad...

Teamster251

PSST Drvr Local 251 PRORI
Vandura, I concurr with leftinbuilding with the 1(upsfeeder) vs. 5(fedex) on road, I've been an feeder driver for 21 years and I transport loads to the railyard everynite. I've never seen any fedex trailers or fedex tractor trailer guys picking or leaving trailers, but when that day comes when they do, then thats when the "SKY WILL BE FALLING AT UPS"!

Feeder, Fedex Ground doesn't us the rail. They move everthing on surface with contract O/O.
Also don't confuse those Fedex Freight trucks with Fedex Ground, if you are counting them too you have to count the UPS Freight/Overnite trucks out there too.

UPS is slowing removing trailers from the rail (FastLane) and moving with Sleeper Teams and Premium Service Drivers. You may see 5 to 1 because all of their's (FDX) are out there. When all of ours are out there (no more rail) it will be 20 to 1 in our favor.
I run 81 from HarPa to KnoTn and see more UPS than Fedex by far. When I'm in the Memphis TN (FDX HUB) area I hardly see any at all. Plenty of Brown truck though, over 200 feeder drivers cover the Memphis area (3 buildings).

tieguy

Banned
UPS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT TRAINING.... They only care about having you sign a piece of paper so in the event of a injury they can pull out that paper and say YOU WERE TRAINED...

realistically then since you are trained and signed it acknowledging reciept of training you should probably follow the guidelines of the training to keep yourself from getting into such a predicament.

Then when you try to sue them for neglegence they will pull out that paper along with observations and JHAs and say YOU WERE AN UNSAFE WORKER...

SAFETY TRAINING IS NOT THE KEY- PROTECTION FROM PROTENTIAL LAW SUITS IS THE KEY...

When you are told "This is a condition of employment and termination will result if you fail to sign..."

some truth to that statement since we do have to document our training to prove we are doing it.

My center had the "so called" Haz Training today.

My opinion is that it is a joke.

The old FILM (not DVD) was shown in an area that no one could hear in. This area is next to the belts and a motor cage.

The training roster said that we had one hour of training. The training did not last one hour-oh- the answers were still on the copy that was used from last year, how COULD you answer wrong?????

good point. sad thing is even with the answers handy someone will get it wrong.

I guess that I can expect more harrasment for posting this.

hope not hang in there old timer