Hearing Aids

Zowert

Any of you fellas wear hearing aids or know a driver that does? I’m just curious how it works out with your DOT. My hearing is shot from playing drums growing up and gets worse working out of these loud trucks. I’m going to see an audiologist next week to see what I need.

I know one guy at my building that has hearing aids. He told me his hearing is so bad he had to get a federal exemption or something? I don’t know what he was talking about.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Last One In

I worked with 2 drivers that had hearing aids. I never asked either one of them about it, but they never had any issues getting their DOT cards. Nurse stands in the corner and whispers numbers you repeat back to her.

Zowert

I worked with 2 drivers that had hearing aids. I never asked either one of them about it, but they never had any issues getting their DOT cards. Nurse stands in the corner and whispers numbers you repeat back to her.
Yeah this is why I’m looking to get some hearing aids before my next physical. My last exam I could barely make out what the nurse was whispering. I’m pretty sure I missed a few numbers but she just let it pass. I doubt I’ll pass if it’s a strict nurse next time.

Zowert

They whisper a few numbers, not exactly scientific.
Yup, it’s a “forced whisper” according to the language in the examination criteria. So what exactly is a forced whisper? To me that’s talking quietly. For others it can mean, a somewhat louder whisper. I mean, WHAT?! If I can you hear talking normal I’m fit to do that damn job. That means I can definitely hear horns, sirens and people screaming when I run them over.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yeah this is why I’m looking to get some hearing aids before my next physical. My last exam I could barely make out what the nurse was whispering. I’m pretty sure I missed a few numbers but she just let it pass. I doubt I’ll pass if it’s a strict nurse next time.
Give the ‘ole gal some anal beads and when it’s time for her to whisper just give a little tug, you should have no problem hearing the numbers now.

Zowert

Yup, it’s a “forced whisper” according to the language in the examination criteria. So what exactly is a forced whisper? To me that’s talking quietly. For others it can mean, a somewhat louder whisper. I mean, WHAT?! If I can you hear talking normal I’m fit to do that damn job. That means I can definitely hear horns, sirens and people screaming when I run them over.
I just reread my comment. Talk-to-text is awful. But I am too lazy to type so I’d rather sound like an idiot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My hearing is shot from playing drums growing up
drummer-mad.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any of you fellas wear hearing aids or know a driver that does? I’m just curious how it works out with your DOT. My hearing is shot from playing drums growing up and gets worse working out of these loud trucks. I’m going to see an audiologist next week to see what I need.

I know one guy at my building that has hearing aids. He told me his hearing is so bad he had to get a federal exemption or something? I don’t know what he was talking about.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
What?