Couple of questions..

I am a part time package handler working the night shift.
I am thinking weather I should quit or not.
I am thinking about becoming a Supervisor.
Been working for a year.
Not in Earn and Learn or CRCP but in school that doesnt qualify for CRCP.

1. Can I still enroll in either one of these programs? CRCP or Earn and Learn.
2. If I quit will I be able to get rehired sometime in the future? I thought I read something that said you have to have been working a certain time in order to get rehired.
3. If I am able to get rehired will I be able to enroll in these programs for school?
4. If I cant enroll in CRCP any more (because I think its only for new hires) will I be able to if I become a supervisor?

Thanks..

upschuck

I am thinking weather I should quit or not.
I am thinking about becoming a Supervisor.
If you are think about quitting, becoming a sup will only intensify those feelings.

2. If I quit will I be able to get rehired sometime in the future? I thought I read something that said you have to have been working a certain time in order to get rehired.
All depends on your sup, he can put no rehire or rehire in your file for whatever reason.

beavis

If school is your number one priority and you're considering quitting anyway then you have nothing to lose by going into management. I wouldn't recommend quitting with the intent on getting rehired. You might not get back on and seniority is way more valuable than you new guys realize.

clean hairy

lol managers rather have non seniority workers because we work harder. people with seniority are lazy and always on their phones
I know older senioirty employees twice the age of the kids that will run circles around them the enitre shift as the kids have to slow down due to being "tired"The older employees have learned to work smart, and get more done with less wasted movement, as well as being able to pace themselves.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

lol managers rather have non seniority workers because we work harder. people with seniority are lazy and always on their phones
I'd rather have seniority guys because you don't have to tell them to do something. They just do it and do it well. It's the two month know it alls are the ones I dislike because they think they've seen it all. Been around my sort for two years now and I'm learning something new every single day.

If you're going to be a supervisor you should learn to appreciate people for their skills. Not whether or not they are in the union/have more seniority.

clean hairy

You don't want to be a supervisor...
This person is thinking of becoming a Sup?
Just DQ'd himself, they don't want Sups who are capable of thinking, they only want Sups to be robots who follow whatever directives they are given!
(No offense, Frgid, but some seem to be that way)

Dr.Brownz

Once you are at UPS for more than a year you will see why seniority is important.

You sound like a major :censored2: with a superiority complex. Pat yourself on the back for working so hard for a faceless corporation that doesn't care

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hes not been here long enough to know how the game is played. Let him go into supervision and take it in the Cornhole everyday, then he will really understand the game then im sure of that lol.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

(No offense, Frgid, but some seem to be that way)
None taken. I would generally agree with your statement. My situation is weird compared to most though. When I'm working I'm usually the only sup there. Whether it be PT or FT. Critical thinking is encouraged. Unless of course you're our afternoon OMS. In that case you just have to be useless to do that job.

beavis

Your response validates my point. I wasn't referring to reaching seniority status but rather the value of your seniority date in a union job. I have a name for prospective supervisors. I call them "supervisor hopefuls in training". It's an acronym...