Courier Pay in Seattle?

MassWineGuy

I might just call a station in Seattle to ask about pay. I know the weather, but I’m ok with it and I take Prozac. I definitely wouldn’t miss New England winters.

overflowed

Certainly. But no more than about 45 mins. Otherwise there’s no point in living there. Then again, I went to college in Olympia and could probably tolerate living there.
45 min either direction is half or more of the Seattle home prices. Don't even have to go 45 min away . Much more expensive than when I was there not too long ago. Guess Tech gentrification has reached up there too in a big way.

vantexan

Do you mean homes 45 minutes away are at least 50 percent higher than in Seattle? Your wording isn’t clear.
I'm pretty sure he means half the price of Seattle. Unless things have greatly improved since I was there I-5 is a real bottleneck and that would be a tough commute. Seattle has a great bus system with park-and-ride parking lots in the outer suburbs. If you can get into the station in Olympia or in some of the other outlying stations I think that would be preferable. Worked in downtown Seattle for a year and it was one long windsprint every day riding elevators, looking for parking. Unless you're just into really big cities there are tons of midsize cities with a better lifestyle IMO. If I were working I'd love to be in Albuquerque or a small university city. They generally have it all.

overflowed

Yes, I meant half the price of Seattle. I was in Tacoma. At that time , homes were about 200k only. Much more now. Van is right about I-5, terrible mess it was when I was there. Originally , I lived about 25 min north of Seattle. The time I would finish at 430pm I would get stuck in traffic for over an hour with Boeing workers shift change. I started working the offload just to leave later and I'd hit no traffic. So if you were really interested in this area I definitely recommend investigating the traffic first before making a decision. I got stuck in an ice storm once. Left work at 1800 didn't get home till 0430. Moved closer to work after that.

MassWineGuy

Tacoma is definitely off the table. Maybe I should look at places like Port Angeles, Port Townsend, etc. at least then I could drive to Seattle for an evening.

vantexan

Tacoma is definitely off the table. Maybe I should look at places like Port Angeles, Port Townsend, etc. at least then I could drive to Seattle for an evening.
Only problem with that is people in the region with seniority tend to grab full-time openings in those places. Great places to retire to. You'd be extremely lucky to go there full-time and if you do it's because the locals know that it's a killer route they won't touch. Best bet is likely part time and volunteering for as much as you can. If it's a fairly slow station not much extra time is available usually. Might be stuck with 30 hours or less. In Seattle and Tacoma can probably work as much as you want but then we're talking about wearing out quickly.