Cover Drivers work Monday through Saturday?

summersaltstains

Yeah doesn't whether or not I work have everything to do with volume and seniority and nothing to do with volunteering for extra work? I understand they may put me on rough routes blind and not help me ( they already do this so I have nothing to lose). But I was under the impression that I could not be taken off road or not promoted because my boss doesn't like me.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I assume so. I am very near the bottom from the seniority list. I am a part time cover driver. I have worked a few Saturdays, some forced, some volunteered. I know he has the right to force me in but my understanding was that I was owed 48 or 24 hours notice. My steward later told me it was 24.

A part- time cover driver- so you are a air driver delivering ground? Or you are a temp driver? And I guess some locals allow TCD this early! Something doesn't sound right in how they are using you!

summersaltstains

What is a PT cover driver. All of our cover drivers are FT drivers without their own route.
Might be a southern region thing. We start off at $30 an hr as opposed to the $18 full timers start at. I worked full time till mid February and have been driving a little with air routes in between since. They keep telling me ill be back to driving everyday when vacations pickup. I'm about three spots away from a full time spot. Can't come soon enough.

Box Ox

We call them exception air drivers.

Where I am, an exception air driver who punches in as a 5E is delivering air, doing pickups, or shuttling packages before, after or instead of their part time sort.

Also where I am, a TCD (punches in as a 3C, no guarantee, or 4C, 8 hour guarantee) is a part timer or of streeter, who, whenever needed between June 1 and January 15, runs up to a full load ground/air route in order to cover for a full time driver or provide some volume/stop relief.

TG43

I'm not completely sure to be honest. My recent pension statement says contributions on my behalf in 2017 were $24,300. Does that mean anything as far as pt/ft credits?