Covering a route that normally goes out with 140

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And here in lies the problem. That mentality. If you would work normally and take a lunch then the stop count wouldn't increase by the third day. Keep burning them all up then when you run said routes they'll make sure to add 20 or 30 more stops the first day your on it.
They can't add stops because they think I'll burn up the route, because they have no clue who's going to be on what route until 15 minutes before start time. It's a total cluster :censored2: everyday here.

Not to mention our full time drivers without a bid route will bump the part time cover drivers at the last minute if they see the route they were scheduled on is loaded like garbage. They don't even have to say a word, I see them walking up to me, they just hand me their board and shake their head.... I give them mine, and proceed with my bad day. Seniority rules.

I always check the vacation schedule to see who's going to be gone and for how long. There's some garbage routes no swing driver would ever bump me from, and I make sure to blow it big time the first day if they're off for the whole week. It's all a game up in this place, and I'm getting pretty damn good at it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Being able to not record a lunch and burn up a route is one of the only benefits of being a cover driver. You can actually be home at 6 o'clock and have a life outside of work. The problems come when you're on a route for more than a two or three day stretch. That's when you have to play the long game like the bid driver.
Are you saying you can't have a life outside of UPS as a FT'er?? I worked 41.17 hours last week so I had plenty of time for activities outside of work.

ManInBrown

Being able to not record a lunch and burn up a route is one of the only benefits of being a cover driver. You can actually be home at 6 o'clock and have a life outside of work. The problems come when you're on a route for more than a two or three day stretch. That's when you have to play the long game like the bid driver.
What do you mean by "not record a lunch"? Where is that allowed and why would a driver not take meal?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Are you saying you can't have a life outside of UPS as a FT'er?? I worked 41.17 hours last week so I had plenty of time for activities outside of work.
Looks a lot like my hours tracker android app.
But anyways, no, friend/T definetly can have a life outside of work, if they opt for it.
Unfortunately part time cover drivers can't use the 9.5 language here, and if the driver who you're covering for doesn't opt in, you got to play the game a different way.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I bust my ass every day it's how I was raised but it gets to a certain point where it's like :censored2:...why am I busting my ass just so they can gimme 30 more tomorrow...this might not make sense the Jim beam is hitting hard

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
is yours accurate?? I've been using the same app but my numbers are a bit off. either I'm tracking my hours wrong or UPS is stealing from me, and i know they wouldn't do that.....

Cementups

Box Monkey
is yours accurate?? I've been using the same app but my numbers are a bit off. either I'm tracking my hours wrong or UPS is stealing from me, and i know they wouldn't do that.....

Sometimes the numbers are off by 1/100th give or take, but it usually evens out. When it's only a couple hundredths I don't worry about it. Now when it's off 15 or more minutes, then we have an issue.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Life outside of work? Is living at home with mom and pop making $500 a week considered a life outside of work, LOL. DUMB ROOKIES that shop at Walmart.

El Correcto

god is dead
I bust my ass every day it's how I was raised but it gets to a certain point where it's like :censored2:...why am I busting my ass just so they can gimme 30 more tomorrow...this might not make sense the Jim beam is hitting hard
You just got to get out of a 30 day probation, yes masta mentality. You'll kill yourself slowly with stress, it's not healthy. Go out there work safely and do your best.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Happens all the time when bid route drivers take their vacation all at once. A route that usually goes out with 150 will go out with 190 for the whole month they're on vacation. They know what they're doing to you don't sweat it. If you need help so be it. And no, they can't write you up for it.
Yep played this game way too much

Load me up I go into turtle mode.

Hit them where it hurts. The pocket book

ManInBrown

I love needing tons of vaseline on Mondays. Nothing better than getting the week started right with a nice 12 hour day. Is that a sick mentality? I couldn't care less.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Even 9.5 drivers in my center are working 55 hours a week...were the worst center it the gotdam district...nobody here has a life