COVID-19 delivery surge strains FedEx service, opening doors for UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
COVID-19 delivery surge strains FedEx service, opening doors for UPS - Reuters

A months-long flood of coronavirus-related e-commerce packages is straining service FedEx Corp, giving rival United Parcel Service Inc an opportunity to steal market share, customers and consultants told Reuters.

While every U.S. package carrier is fighting to manage unexpected demand for home deliveries of bicycles, patio furniture, medicine and food, FedEx entered the pandemic in turnaround mode and is grappling with an inflexible business structure that is contributing to service disruptions in California and Michigan.

COVID-19 delivery surge strains FedEx service, opening doors for UPS - Reuters

A months-long flood of coronavirus-related e-commerce packages is straining service FedEx Corp, giving rival United Parcel Service Inc an opportunity to steal market share, customers and consultants told Reuters.

While every U.S. package carrier is fighting to manage unexpected demand for home deliveries of bicycles, patio furniture, medicine and food, FedEx entered the pandemic in turnaround mode and is grappling with an inflexible business structure that is contributing to service disruptions in California and Michigan.
We're all getting killed

Est.1998

If we do gain customers due to FedEx being unable to keep up with demand, i hope they don't think UPS is in any better condition to be a super hero and save the day. This week has been the slowest I've seen in a long time. So slow, management is sending out messages asking who isn't going to make 9.5.

If we do gain customers due to FedEx being unable to keep up with demand, i hope they don't think UPS is in any better condition to be a super hero and save the day. This week has been the slowest I've seen in a long time. So slow, management is sending out messages asking who isn't going to make 9.5.
Next week will be a complete dumpster fire

badpal

Do you guys deliver all the Amazon? I guess i asking if there are Prime drivers there? We dont have those and i swear every other package is one.

Est.1998

Do you guys deliver all the Amazon? I guess i asking if there are Prime drivers there? We dont have those and i swear every other package is one.
It feels like "all" but yes, we have prime drivers.
I see those blue vans every where all day.
They're just one more obstacle on the road to worry about.
A few weeks back, i arrived at a house for delivery the exact same time as USPS, Amazon, and FedEX, and the trashman was turning into the cul-de-sac the house was in. God's sense of humor was on point that day.