Covid pay reimbursement vs. reality...so far.

AKCoverMan

So my sweetie and I (we both upsers) both went thru this last year. It took a about three weeks.

In our cases the company burned thru two weeks of sick leave, Then after we had come back to work and all the paperwork got caught up we got paid 80 hours of covid leave and on same check got unpaid 80 hours of sick leave and the sick leave went back in our bank.

We also had comp claims opened on both of us which were denied. I was told company has to go thru the process by law. 🙄

It takes time and hassle but stick with it..good luck!

quad decade guy

So my sweetie and I (we both upsers) both went thru this last year. It took a about three weeks.

In our cases the company burned thru two weeks of sick leave, Then after we had come back to work and all the paperwork got caught up we got paid 80 hours of covid leave and on same check got unpaid 80 hours of sick leave and the sick leave went back in our bank.

We also had comp claims opened on both of us which were denied. I was told company has to go thru the process by law. 🙄

It takes time and hassle but stick with it..good luck!
Thanks....6 weeks so far....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Me, too. I talked to my BA last night and he just said they are swamped with claims. Just be patient. Like anything at ups, the employees come last.

Again... anything to save a buck...

Both the Union and the Company knew what was going to happen with the second wave. We are now approaching the two year anniversary of this China Virus, why did the not negotiate a automatic two week COVID leave package instead of everybody trying to figure who pays and when. Of course the system is overwhelmed... just bad inhuman planning.

Europe is now getting hammered, in another two months expect the same in the Western Hemisphere, just in time for peak. Most everybody is working a 50 to 60 hour work week, physically they are being drained and will be more likely to get sick...It is a matter of survival now... choose wisely...

quad decade guy

Update:

Going on 12 weeks now. Had a an email stating set for review....4 weeks ago with an open ended date.

I called yesterday and sat through 60 minutes of hold and they never picked up. I'll try again today. My emails have not been returned.

I don't understand why Liberty Mutual would be involved or why a comp claim would be opened.

I went online and followed the link for covid pay on upsers, uploaded my doctor's note to quarantine, got paid 5 weeks later. Easy peasy.

The only correspondence I received was emails from HR showing they received my claim, and when they approved it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You said this on Oct. 8……
Thanks....6 weeks so far....
And two weeks later you’re saying this……
Update:

Going on 12 weeks now. Had a an email stating set for review....4 weeks ago with an open ended date.

I called yesterday and sat through 60 minutes of hold and they never picked up. I'll try again today. My emails have not been returned.
That’s a two week window……not six weeks.

Just fact checking, ubiquitously.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I don't understand why Liberty Mutual would be involved or why a comp claim would be opened.

I went online and followed the link for covid pay on upsers, uploaded my doctor's note to quarantine, got paid 5 weeks later. Easy peasy.

The only correspondence I received was emails from HR showing they received my claim, and when they approved it.

Are you "Union Free"....The request form seems to care about it a lot....

As long as we "Union Scum" do not have to require more documentation than the favored "Union free" I am not going to "have an issue with it..."

We all know union folk lie more often these non-union folks...

You talk about blatant prejudice and sick mindsets .....:bsbullf:

Are you "Union Free"....The request form seems to care about it a lot....

As long as we "Union Scum" do not have to require more documentation than the favored "Union free" I am not going to "have an issue with it..."

We all know union folk lie more often these non-union folks...

You talk about blatant prejudice and sick mindsets .....:bsbullf:
WTF are you talking about?

quad decade guy

Not my experience....but good for you.

My Mgt Team filed all of ours under comp...even mgt.

Why? They have no explanation except they needed to account for our absences and to NOT get hit with a lost time injury.

Ask any further......and just blank stares.

Not my experience....but good for you.

My Mgt Team filed all of ours under comp...even mgt.

Why? They have no explanation except they needed to account for our absences and to NOT get hit with a lost time injury.

Ask any further......and just blank stares.
I don't understand why your management team was even involved. Clearly you know how to use the internet, should've been very straight forward.

quad decade guy

I don't understand why your management team was even involved. Clearly you know how to use the internet, should've been very straight forward.
Clearly....

Yes it was. However, there were other folks involved. I filed the claim as per the website....my mgt. Team stuck their nose in it. Got it? Clearly?