Covid Vaccinations

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you are for socialized healthcare? Proud of you homie.🙃
No, try to keep up white boi.
You struggle with common sense.
E6flKgnXsAkZCFg.jpeg

Working4the1%

Completely agree. I have thought for a long time that the US needs to return to more of the Isolationist country it was before world war 2.

We could cut our military budget in half and still have an enormous amount of money being spent on the military. Use that money to rebuild America. Stop policing the world.

Of course this will never happen as there is too much money to be made for the military industrial complex and the politicians that are subservient to them.
Wasteful it was Trump’s $740.5 Billion Military Budget Is Wildly Irresponsible and Misleading

floridays

Based on the information I have been given (without my verification), being fired would cause you to lose accumulated Sick Pay, FedEx Retiree Health Reimbursement, Retiree Health Coverage (optional), Retiree Badge and accompanying Retiree Discounts, and FedEx Vanguard benefits.

There may be more, or the information I was given could be inaccurate. I can't speak to the ramifications of quitting vs. being fired.
Thanks Fred for the response.

I wasn't considering those as a part of the pension plan(s). Some if not all of those have the existing qualifier of a minimum of 20 years service.

My point is, (and I have heard it already heard it from uninformed) that pension benefits (obligations) are voided upon termination of employment by firing, simply is not true.

dmac1

Actually either the employer or government should pay for the testing. The employee never asked to be tested. Why should the employee pay for something they never wanted to begin with? If the government/employer wants to know, they should pay for it. We all know the fee is to strong arm people into getting the vaccine. And they will make it some unbelievable price gouging fee-$100, $500, maybe even $1,000 per test. Testing sites did it for free last year, but now it will $500 cash per test each week. Why? To force you to get their vaccine. That's the country we're living in now. Land of the "free" home of the "brave".
Look for a $200 surcharge on your health insurance if you aren't vaccinated. The unvaccinated are at greater risk of hospitalization and cost a lot more. As the number of unvaccinated gors down, expect the surcharge to go up. There is no reason the vaccinated should be paying for the cost of the vaccinated. Refuse the vaccine if you want, you are free to do so, but be ready to pay the costs. And for those who don't think there are costs to remaining unvaccinated, the surcharges have already startd. And private companies can mandate that unvaccinated workers have to pay for their own testing, at a facility they choose. There is no right of continues employment ANYWHERE there is no union with a bargaining agreement in effect. Private companies can make employess do a jig or sit in a closet for an hour per day if they want.
Get fired-do not quit. Then if and when Biden's order gets overturned, class action lawsuit against FedEx for wrongful termination. You won't be able to sue if you quit. Also if you quit you can't get unemployment.
Private employers can require whatever vaccination they want. And because it is now legal for them to require vaccinations, if you refuse, you are effectively quitting. You will not be eligible for federal UI benefits, even if some states may allow benefits. But then expect the federal government to withdraw any federal unemployment support for states that don't match federal rules.

dmac1

FedEx will have to pay if FedEx mandates...but they won't mandate.
Not true- fedex mandates that you were clothing in their locations but they don't pay for anything but a uniform. They mandate that you have a driver's license if you are a driver, but they don't pay for it. They don't pay for ANY of your personal care products, but they require a basic level of personal care.