Coyote logistics purchase already eliminating teamster jobs

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Relax brother. I'm not allowed to post too much. The hofficers report me ... If you read the title and the picture posted it spells out the facts ! Rest up rookie. You got 180 easy ones waiting for you in the am ... Get some sleep
I'm beginning to think that you don't know the definition of the word "fact". The picture far from spells out the facts. It gives zero information.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Relax brother. I'm not allowed to post too much. The hofficers report me ... If you read the title and the picture posted it spells out the facts ! Rest up rookie. You got 180 easy ones waiting for you in the am ... Get some sleep
He can't sleep, @wide load is on a mission from God.
CHS-0840-im-on-a-mission-from-god-sticker-1000x1000.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You want leadership from H?

People in hell want ice water, but that's not happening either.

Well, yeah, I would LIKE it, but I've given up that ghost years ago. From what I've been told, this is a company wide move that involves all sleeper teams not in close proximity to a rail yard. Supposedly, the sleeper loads are to go on the rail, and not to subcontractors, for service reasons.

None of this makes sense, and certainly, the union is being fed lies about why this is occurring. Why? First of all, our contract stipulates that subcontractors CANNOT be used for costs reasons. So management can't tell the union they are doing it for cost reasons without risking big potential problems. Hoffa, if he had the stones, could possibly say, "No, this is a direct violation of the Master agreement, and by eliminating bid jobs for cost reasons, this strikes at our job security and this could be a reason to call for a strike vote." That hasn't happened, to anyone's knowledge, and if that were to happen, none of these changes would have ever taken place.

Why? Because even the TALK of a strike vote, this close to peak, would have backed management away from these changes. It could have been done in private, without the public ever having a clue. Think about it; two peaks ago, our system bent under the weight of too many packages in the final minutes of the rush. So, for last peak, to correct the previous year's hiccups, management spent hundreds of millions of dollars in capital improvements, and hired 95,000 seasonal workers. They were over-ready. But clearly, they were not going to 2013 peak to happen again. So, even a rumor of a strike during peak could do huge damage to UPS. Yet, here they are, eliminating bid jobs for peak season. So UPS is not worried in the slightest about Hoffa, or a work slowdown.

Second, this has nothing--NOTHING--to do with improving service. Ask anyone with any knowledge of how the railway works with our system, and they will tell you service, compared to existing feeder runs, takes a hit from the rail. Our feeder system can run 600+ miles in a 10-11 hour period. The sleeper teams do that same range and time frame, but on a much larger scale. The railway can't even come close to that. And our system runs hub to hub; dock door to dock door. Adding and pulling loads to and from the rail yard adds another stop in the service link. So clearly, this isn't about service.

From what I understand, this is being grieved in each area it is being implemented at, but without direction from our International. And there will never be an agreement on this; it will go to an arbitrator. So this won't be solved for a long time.

I'm no expert on this. I just go by what I've been told by people a lot higher up the food chain than me. The consensus I've heard is this has everything to do with the Coyote acquisition. They're not going to spend 1.8 billion on this company and not extract some flesh out of us. No subcontractors? We shall see, but highly unlikely. It appears they're getting ready to do just that. But this is not good for a lot of us, and not just union members either. This is a natural extension of Wall Street's grow at any cost mentality. Hell, all you have to do is go over to management forum and read some of those posts to see this isn't the pre-IPO UPS management running things anymore.

And it appears Hoffa doesn't have the desire, or the stomach to face the problem, which is a shame, because we have ways of fighting this.

anHOURover

Getting pretty close to seeing 40 year teamsters shifting in the yard because of the coyote purchase!! Way to stick up for the members IBT

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The Principal Officer of my Local stated pretty much the same thing in his comments at our meeting. Coyote Logistics is bidding out many of the sleeper team runs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Getting pretty close to seeing 40 year teamsters shifting in the yard because of the coyote purchase!! Way to stick up for the members IBT
You are a liar. The loads are going to the rail. You are a troll.

The Principal Officer of my Local stated pretty much the same thing in his comments at our meeting. Coyote Logistics is bidding out many of the sleeper team runs.

Someone might say you are a liar.

Last edited: