Crazy start times

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by thatblusi, Sep 9, 2018.

1. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

It irks me, but there's nothing I can do. Their attitude is that it's only a few cents, and they would rather spend the shift with equipment that works.

Personally, I think if there are no working scanners by the time I need to setup, that's the company's problem and not mine. If they want me to use it, they need to provide it. It's that simple.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. PT Crazy

PT Crazy Active Member

They stopped doing pcm's after break in MN. Saved 3 minutes times all part time employees.

3. unloady

unloady Active Member

This is actually super late for us. For my first two years on preload we never started later than 3:45.

4. 4evapreloader

4evapreloader Member

Chances are management "accidently" has an incorrect starting time at least 1 of those days on the time clock.
    I can't believe some people are actually defending this nonsense.
    As if management knows over a week in advance that volume on Wednesday dictates a 5 minute time change from the previous day and the next day.
    Even God has no idea what package volume will be next Wednesday as opposed to next Thursday.
    It just some clueless person trying to appear smart. They expect you to be wowed by the detail, when it's all complete BS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

As for drivers our start time the last two weeks have fluctuated from 8:45-9:20, but we’re always leaving at 9:30 no matter what.

6. eats packages

eats packages narrow lane

upload_2018-9-11_23-9-52.png
    Start times? What about end times? Going to get some fun ones this week. Who wants to do a straight air run?

7. Raw

Raw Raw Member

Then the preload misloads pkgs and the driver gets $54 - $100 an hour delivering them! Per driver!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Or better yet have a PT air driver run misloads. Messes up the delivery drivers bonus for the day if he runs them.

9. DoubleBag17

DoubleBag17 New Member

This is retarded. They pay 100 drivers @ $+35/hr all day but need to shave 2 minutes off a package handler barely surviving at $10.50. Smh...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. eats packages

eats packages narrow lane

Some "runaround" kid in addition to the usual suspects managed to bump our misloads up to 54. That is 2 misloads for every 3 cars that went out yesterday.

(54 misloads at $54, aint that ironic)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  11. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

They did this in our building years ago. Only it was in 5 min increments. We averaged 20+ min of down time extra, so they stopped it

12. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

I have never started that late. Usually the starts at 2:30-3:00 latest 3:45

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

Yall preload start mad late

14. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

When i was a preloader our start time was always around 1:30-2:15am and we work up to 8:30am

15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And UPS and the Teamsters say it is just a PT job and only worth $10/hr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

It isn't worth more than minimum wage.