Crazy start times

km3

I see far too many people grabbing scanners and doing general job setup for free. This thread is an excellent example of why you don't work until you are punched in and being paid for time.

It irks me, but there's nothing I can do. Their attitude is that it's only a few cents, and they would rather spend the shift with equipment that works.

Personally, I think if there are no working scanners by the time I need to setup, that's the company's problem and not mine. If they want me to use it, they need to provide it. It's that simple.

4evapreloader

Chances are management "accidently" has an incorrect starting time at least 1 of those days on the time clock.
I can't believe some people are actually defending this nonsense.
As if management knows over a week in advance that volume on Wednesday dictates a 5 minute time change from the previous day and the next day.
Even God has no idea what package volume will be next Wednesday as opposed to next Thursday.
It just some clueless person trying to appear smart. They expect you to be wowed by the detail, when it's all complete BS.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
As for drivers our start time the last two weeks have fluctuated from 8:45-9:20, but we’re always leaving at 9:30 no matter what.
upload_2018-9-11_23-9-52.png

Start times? What about end times? Going to get some fun ones this week. Who wants to do a straight air run?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Then the preload misloads pkgs and the driver gets $54 - $100 an hour delivering them! Per driver!
This is retarded. They pay 100 drivers @ $+35/hr all day but need to shave 2 minutes off a package handler barely surviving at $10.50. Smh...
Some "runaround" kid in addition to the usual suspects managed to bump our misloads up to 54. That is 2 misloads for every 3 cars that went out yesterday.

(54 misloads at $54, aint that ironic)

Last edited:

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I think every center has had this problem at least once in the past. Honestly suprising you start any later than 4 with how much of a thole my building currently looks like. Peak is coming, they can't keep those wacky times up indefinitely.
I have never started that late. Usually the starts at 2:30-3:00 latest 3:45