Creative ways managers avoid missed packages.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I hate when you're missing a pkg and it never comes out of your board.Then the next day it's not in your board but bam there it is on the shelf.

Ask the person you are having lunch with and the route is next to yours on the belt/boxline if they have the package...95% of the time they do. They will lie to you and you will get charged with it. Happens everyday.

My favorite one is where the driver parks on a different belt and unloads his air and misloads he did not call in...like we didn't notice. We got some openings in our building because of that one. Seasonal drivers loving it because now they have a route to run thru Jan 15. Keep it up boys and girls.

Ask the person you are having lunch with and the route is next to yours on the belt/boxline if they have the package...95% of the time they do. They will lie to you and you will get charged with it. Happens everyday.

My favorite one is where the driver parks on a different belt and unloads his air and misloads he did not call in...like we didn't notice. We got some openings in our building because of that one. Seasonal drivers loving it because now they have a route to run thru Jan 15. Keep it up boys and girls.

Dragon, how dishonest are you in regards to hiding misloads? Be honest if you can for once.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah, they do all kinds of BS. And no, they don't call the customer to see if it's ok. It's all to make their numbers look good so they don't get reamed by some higher up. I remember we would consistently be told to sheet up a commercial as NI1 until this new thing with the DIAD recognizing commercial stops came about. Now it's sheet it up as future or NSN. Or sometimes I get a call from an OMS asking me what time a business closes on my route. If it's before 5 they'll have the driver who has the misroute sheet it up closed after they close. I find it funny since they have all these DIAD trainings talking about customer visibility and sheeting everything with honesty and integrity. Meanwhile our management seems to do the exact opposite of all of that.
Sounds like Wells Fargo ....

johnny_hotdog

I often wonder if management has diad like training except where ours says to be honest at all times maybe thiers shows them all the different ways they could cheat if they chose to. Hell, I still remember when I started how they showed me how to cheat on air if you are close to being late. "Just scan the package and then drive to the stop then it wont show up late, I'm not telling you to do this but you could" wink wink. Look how well that turned out. Same type of cheating still going on. Customers will eventually catch on and sue UPS again.

JL 0513

LOL, remember the thread about a week ago about a guy saying he got fired for futuring a pkg to avoid having it missed.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You are funny. You make me laugh. You will run UPS one day- correct?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I often wonder if management has diad like training except where ours says to be honest at all times maybe thiers shows them all the different ways they could cheat if they chose to. Hell, I still remember when I started how they showed me how to cheat on air if you are close to being late. "Just scan the package and then drive to the stop then it wont show up late, I'm not telling you to do this but you could" wink wink. Look how well that turned out. Same type of cheating still going on. Customers will eventually catch on and sue UPS again.
Double standards... Welcome to the world of ups

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are funny. You make me laugh. You will run UPS one day- correct?
I'm going to guess he has reached his ceiling and won't go any higher probably mid 50's.... Now they are promoting center and division managers in their 20's and 30's....he's being washed out on the tide future ups nobody just like us old drivers