Credit

Indecisi0n

Not that I care but I am more curious , I was told by another driver that if you physically scan packages on pickups you get more "credit" for a stop. Any ever hear of this?

jaker

trolling
We used to do it long time ago, but was told to stop because the end of day should give us the credit for the pick up , if there is no end of day then scan all boxes

​I didn't believe them at first but it has been right so far

S

serenity now

Not that I care but I am more curious , I was told by another driver that if you physically scan packages on pickups you get more "credit" for a stop. Any ever hear of this?

Test the theory by scanning every PU piece for one week; if someone in mgmt. tells you to stop doing that then I would surmise that some small bit of time allowance had been received.

If they have the end of day ready, I scan it. If not I just enter the # of pieces and keep rolling.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There use to be an allowance for that. Almighty EDD and Almightier ORION have got rid of all allowances. The only thing you scan at pickups now are the end of day and the letter box barcodes. Everything else is a waste of time now. You do get credit for people handing you packages in your special counts. But yeah...now that ORION has us digging on shelf 7/8 at 10 am when there's still bulk, they have the audacity to wonder why we're 20 minutes later than we use to be clocking out. I was really confused...it's not hard, there's selection time involved with ORION and now there's no allowance for selection time. Unbelievable.

FilingBluesFL

We were told not to scan any drop offs, because apparently somehow when you scan a drop off, it puts the pickup time for that package as that of the shipper who the drop off is going to??? So it shows up as a "missed pickup window time" for that package... I've got no idea. Sounded like some crazy hair-brained excuse.