Criminal

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our latest round of Jewelery theft was orchestrated by a manager. Over the years, there has been a huge theft problem at Express, which they take great pains to hide.

CJinx

We have cameras all over the building (inside and outside) and an unstaffed malfunctioning metal detector that went off by itself so often that it now sits unplugged.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our latest round of Jewelery theft was orchestrated by a manager. Over the years, there has been a huge theft problem at Express, which they take great pains to hide.

This is another huge area FedEx doesn't want us talking to the media about... THEFT. In fact, for years, they wouldn't even prosecute most incidents for fear of it making it's way into the media.

I say, let's get it out there. If you know of thefts, start telling the world, because from jewelry, to electronics, to watches and drugs.....it gets stolen all the time. I see lots of empty boxes that have been cut with razor blades or just plain empty boxes period. And a lot of the time, FedEx Security doesn't solve the crime.

STFXG

FedEx security only comes around our building when they want to get rid of a contractor. They will follow someone around for a few days and try to catch them doing something stupid. It's laughable.

bbsam

Staff member
FedEx security only comes around our building when they want to get rid of a contractor. They will follow someone around for a few days and try to catch them doing something stupid. It's laughable.

how many contractors have you seen removed? I've only seen one and that was back in RPS days. Seems it's very difficult to get rid of contractors.

STFXG

Only one was given his walking papers. Three others were warned termination was coming and they sold quickly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is another huge area FedEx doesn't want us talking to the media about... THEFT. In fact, for years, they wouldn't even prosecute most incidents for fear of it making it's way into the media.

The choice to prosecute is typically that of the shipper and yes, FedEx will cooperate with the shipper should it choose to prosecute.

Once a courier is identified as a likely thief, he is watched like a hawk. He can expect some high scrutiny bait packages along with some other tactics to help determine whether or not he's a thief. The depth and breadth of the investigations can blow your mind. By the time a courier suspected of stealing is confronted by management and security, the case is all but made and he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell. At least from the cases I've seen.

Express Courier

BTW, wtf could I steal from FedEx that would fit in my pockets anyway?

iPhones. We had someone that was stealing some and then selling them on Craigslist. I think the cameras caught 'em. Police were notified and then they set up a "sting". Set the meet up through Craigslist and then boom. Got'em.