Cross bidding

Ghost in the Darkness

Same here... or atleast it was. The supplemental was voted down and one of the potential changes is to allow cross bidding.... except most of us have no idea what that means for sure.

Ghost in the Darkness

I would but the local is even more incompetent than management. They say they plan to let us know, I'm sure that means asking UPS management first what they would like it to mean... then tell us.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Was told we're bidding under the old contract and supplements. So whatever those say, go by that. Nothing new is implemented.
We were told exactly the same thing at our last union meeting. Until those outstanding supplements are settled nothing from the new master or new supplement is in effect.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Don't really know what that is however,
My guess would be that it's like the 22.3 language for newly created or vacated (cant remember which) jobs in the western supplement.
This came up after a 22.3 left and management attempted to rebid the job as newly created vs. Vacated. I remember a driver coming back from an injury wanted it to go one way because there's a difference in bidding the job in one way fulltime regardless of classification bids first the other last. He wanted the job even though it meant a pay cut. He wanted full time bennies but without the hassle and danger of driving. In the end It didn't go his way! Look up the language online in the western supplement it may be of some help to you. That's all I can think it may be, good luck.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't really know what that is however,
My guess would be that it's like the 22.3 language for newly created or vacated (cant remember which) jobs in the western supplement.
Sounds like something that would make it even harder for the IBT to keep track of 22.3 jobs???
Guess you gotta ask your BA .Every supplement is so different.
22.3 jobs are provided for in the National Master, so supplements aren't in play....right???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Apparently it wasn't here in 2003.

I bid a new preload/porter job from the street. Boring as hell. A year later I bid a vacancy on the street after a driver retired.

Here, we can bid openly between package car driving, feeders, and 22.3/22.2 jobs....but are subject to "qualifying" once in each "full time classifiaction".

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Here, we can bid openly between package car driving, feeders, and 22.3/22.2 jobs....but are subject to "qualifying" once in each "full time classifiaction".

Went from 25 years driving to preload/porter in one day. Back to driving next year in one day.

No qualification/requalification at all.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Sounds like something that would make it even harder for the IBT to keep track of 22.3 jobs???

22.3 jobs are provided for in the National Master, so supplements aren't in play....right???
Sorry, I dont have access to my paper copy of the contract, in a box somewhere during our remodeling project, that's where all my notes are. Whenever something happens in my ctr or an adjacent ctr I write notes in the margins of the y contract with the date for reference.
So this is all from memory. However I believe the subject I was speaking of is not in the national, but in either the reagonal or Local section of my contract book I'll check as soon as I can find it

BradOcean

I’ve always wondered about this, like for instance going from Automotive to package or vice versa. A center close to us had a package driver try out being a mechanic for a couple weeks until he went back to package voluntarily. Couldn’t find any language about this personally, not sure how they were able to swing it.