Cruise horror stories

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was actually checking prices the other day just to see what kind of deals I could get out of this. At this point I could care less about the risk of exposure to covid-19 because the way things are going that's gonna happen regardless. My only concern would be getting quarantined on the ship, although as long as the cruise line is footing the bill, that might not be so bad.

Box Ox

The appeal of cruises must be a generational thing. Older folks I know love and go on them all the time.

I think of cruises as floating pestilence incubators and would rather do vacations any other way.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The appeal of cruises must be a generational thing. Older folks I know love and go on them all the time.

I think of cruises as floating pestilence incubators and would rather do vacations any other way.
You've clearly never been on a Carnival cruise, especially the party boats out of FLA. Definitely a younger crowd.

Box Ox

You've clearly never been on a Carnival cruise, especially the party boats out of FLA. Definitely a younger crowd.

I imagine it’s sorta like Fox News viewers or Bernie voters. Sure, there’s a few who are older or younger. LOL

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I imagine it’s sorta like Fox News viewers or Bernie voters. Sure, there’s a few who are older or younger. LOL
It depends on the cruise line and the itinerary. Carnival and Royal Caribbean draw a younger crowd, Disney is more family-oriented, Princess and Holland America skew older. Celebrity is for anyone with deep pockets.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Never been on one and no desire.
Never use public transportation either.
Stay the hell out of urban areas.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was actually checking prices the other day just to see what kind of deals I could get out of this. At this point I could care less about the risk of exposure to covid-19 because the way things are going that's gonna happen regardless. My only concern would be getting quarantined on the ship, although as long as the cruise line is footing the bill, that might not be so bad.

that’s all fine and dandy until the crapper gets full

rod

Retired 22 years
I came to the conclusion that if you get one block away from anything touristy on those "tropical" islands you are in some 3rd world :poop: box.

qdg2

I came to the conclusion that if you get one block away from anything touristy on those "tropical" islands you are in some 3rd world :poop: box.
Yes.

Especially the drive from the Bahamas main airport....

It's about an hour of pure depression and misery.

Makes the trailers and shacks of Louisiana and Mississippi luxurious....

You begin to wonder where all the money goes while eating that $50 breakfast.