Sick days - central region.

We are getting the option for 5 sick days for the first time.
Those of you who have had them , how are they handled in your center? Problems?
What if a bunch call in on the same Friday for example?
Seems like this could become a nightmare.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
We are getting the option for 5 sick days for the first time.
Those of you who have had them , how are they handled in your center? Problems?
What if a bunch call in on the same Friday for example?
Seems like this could become a nightmare.
You’re seasonal
🧔‍♂️✊

Ghost in the Darkness

Here we have 5 sick days. You call in atleast 1 hr before start time. On rare occasions I do call in I usually give between an 1hr-2 hr notice. We can use our 5 sick days as a vacation week on an open week. I'm high up on seniority so I let them know asap early in the year if that's what I wanna do or schedule the days off so they know where I want to use them. I don't call in very often.

Drink Craft Beer

Was wondering the other day if they'd let you schedule 5 consecutive Saturdays off.

I'm sure they'd rather know ahead of time that you're going to be off, instead of getting a call saying you're not coming in.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Should have gotten real sick days instead of bargaining away our vacation for them

Yeah... would've been nice to get 2 sick days on top of the 2 option days, since you can't use an option day at the spur of the moment as a sick day.
Holy wah wah wah. You didn't lose :censored2:. You can now use your days on a whim, OR schedule an entire week of vacation. You now have more FREEDOM. I know, it seems like people in this country are ok with less freedom, but poo on that.

Drink Craft Beer

Where did I say we lost :censored2: or now have less freedom???

Yes, I'm well aware that I can schedule an entire week of vacation for my option week. I've been doing it for over 20yrs.

HarryWarden

Holy wah wah wah. You didn't lose :censored2:. You can now use your days on a whim, OR schedule an entire week of vacation. You now have more FREEDOM. I know, it seems like people in this country are ok with less freedom, but poo on that.
Freedom lmao. We’re a union job, we should have paid sick days. You’re so gullible. Now if you’re sick and want the paid day off to recover you have to take away one of your previous vacation days, instead of us just having designated sick days

DriverNerd

Our biggest issue with the new sick time language is that Minnesota has passed a law requiring employers to give their employees sick time starting next year. If the language (no sick time) was the same as last contract, UPS would have been required to give us sick days on top of our vacation starting next year, but now UPS is fulfilling their lawful obligation for sick time with the new language. Last I heard the union and UPS have been going back and forth trying to figure this one out.

HarryWarden

Our biggest issue with the new sick time language is that Minnesota has passed a law requiring employers to give their employees sick time starting next year. If the language (no sick time) was the same as last contract, UPS would have been required to give us sick days on top of our vacation starting next year, but now UPS is fulfilling their lawful obligation for sick time with the new language. Last I heard the union and UPS have been going back and forth trying to figure this one out.
You hear that @KearsargeCoop freedom!!!

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You hear that @KearsargeCoop freedom!!!
Yes, similar to how Michigan has a similar law that started in 2019.
Probably why the wording was changed. Doesn't change how I feel.
If you're sick, call and take an unpaid day. And use your sick days as vacation, IDGAF.