csa reviews

UPSmeoff

I have no idea what csa stands for, but the 2 page 25 question review that i have to fill out every month is getting very, very old.
Its some safety assessment form and you have to answer the same questions over and over.
Mgmt says its per DOT, but i have a hard time buying that.
I am very safety conscious by nature and would not mind filling out this form......say

once every 6 months.
Anybody out there have to deal with this or am i on my own...
speak now or forever hold your peace.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have to do them too. Some of us took a copy home and answered it, then ran off several copies, just leaving the date blank. After a few months, the boss caught on, so they changed the order of the questions around. They actually put all the answers on back of ours. What a waste of time. I fill mine out when I get back to the building making overtime.:lol:

stepitup

Ours are done monthly too. Same questions every month, an answer sheet is provided. I've always thought it was to satisfy the district audit teams that come in occasionally and interviewed you one on one. The lastest "hot"topic was HABITS. They used to throw the term "Ketter" audit around but I haven't heard that lately. Thirty people could answer to their satisfaction but if the thirty first person fumbled our average seemed to fall into the "failing"' category. We are scheduled one day a month 15 minutes early to do our CSA questions.

Ms Spoken

We have a driver who will cut the answers out and then retape them to the correct page. She was always done with-in 5 min and out of the buld. while rest of us copy from the answers.

Funny part UPS didnt care as long as they had a CSA with your name on it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Coward hit it on the nose. It is an audit that was agreed to by UPS as part of a settlement with OSHA in lew of a larger fine.

Per OSHA they need to have this "training" done and verified for each employee, and if they fail, they could end up having to pay additional fines etc.

Each center in the nation should be doing the CSA's each month. And my guess is that each center does the same song and dance, where the sup stands there for 20-30 minutes giving you the answers over and over again.

My question to those of you that "cheat", why? You get paid for taking the "test" and there is no way you could ever fail. So what is the big deal.

Ketter is an independent company that UPS has hired as part of the agreement to assist in evaluation of our participation and commitment to that agreement with OSHA.

d

UPSmeoff

Alas i wish i was as smart as Danny......no offense meant.

Who can answer this question?

"What is your responsibility regarding hazardous material shipping papers for pickup and dlivery and where are they located?"

The first correct response recieves a free 4 day 3 night stay at the moderater of your choices house. Dinner will be included as will companionship by said moderaters household pet.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Its bee a long time

At pickup, you are to zscan the shipping paper, making sure it is filled out properly and signed and dated. Then take the original copy and check the package label to the shipping paper to make sure they match.

Taking the shipping paper and place in the hazmat pouch on the door or in the pick up log, per instructions (will vary from one area to the next) but never in your pocket.

The package is to be loaded in the rear of the car, no higher than the first shelf, they are to be segregated and braced and blocked by other non hazmat packages.

Upon return to the building, you are to pull the packages off to give to the clerk and the sheet must accompany the package.

The proper resolution for delivery is that you check the pouch every morning before you leave and check the number of hazmat packages you have on the truck.

As you deliver the packages you are to take the corresponding tag and throw it away. At the end of the day, the pouch should be empty, if not, discard the rest of the tags.

d

Not smart, just been around a loooooonnnnngg time.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
See you young farts dont thing us old over the hill guys can even remember how to zip our flies.

Like I said, been around a long time, and larnt some things along the way.

d

DS

Fenderbender
maybe on TV...the truth is we have no time to even talk ...sign here ...later... never... bye...UPS pisses me off because the orders come from the fortress of solitude in the land of production...and they seem to think they are holy.Like pharohs or romans when they ruled the world....God help us because greed is going to kill us.UPS has become too big and they need a kick in the ass from us the drivers...who am I kidding they call the shots.. just shut up and run scratch or quit.

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
dannyboy said:
Its bee a long time

At pickup, you are to zscan the shipping paper, making sure it is filled out properly and signed and dated. Then take the original copy and check the package label to the shipping paper to make sure they match.

Also check to make sure the "shipper" is an authorized hazmat shipper

Taking the shipping paper and place in the hazmat pouch on the door or in the pick up log, per instructions (will vary from one area to the next) but never in your pocket.

The package is to be loaded in the rear of the car, no higher than the first shelf, they are to be segregated and braced and blocked by other non hazmat packages.

No higher than waist high, I don't believe a shelf is an option

Otherwise looks good.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
So not bad considering its been two years?

we were always told it was the first shelf. Too much difference between drivers, in our center almost 18 inches between waist and waist.

d