Cubs Win!

bacha29

Might have been a different outcome if Carasco had not broken his hand and Lucroy had not vetoed the trade. Much different outcome.

bacha29

Might have been different if Baez had three on when he hit his home run.
If if's and buts we candy and nuts we'd all be set for the winter. I'm neither a Cubs or Indians fan just pointed out that if Tito had the roster he in the middle of the season and got lucky enough to get Lucroy just as the Cubs were lucky to get Chapman and the Cubs weren't the only bidder ( Giants, Nationals, Rangers) the outcome could very likely been different. So with free agency coming up and still no new CBA anywhere on the horizon enjoy the moment for as long as Tom Rickets is willing to throw his money at it and that day will come as evidenced by how the Yankees closed the purse after old George died.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Indians had 2 starting pitchers unavailable for the past month or more,..Michael Brantley,..who was 3rd in the MVP ballot a year ago, didn't play at all, this year. Both of the starting catchers were out for several months each. Cory Kluber had his worst performance all year in game 7, as did Andrew Miller in that game. In game 6 they had several gift runs handed to them,...The Indians gave it away to the "best team" ??

vantexan

Indians had 2 starting pitchers unavailable for the past month or more,..Michael Brantley,..who was 3rd in the MVP ballot a year ago, didn't play at all, this year. Both of the starting catchers were out for several months each. Cory Kluber had his worst performance all year in game 7, as did Andrew Miller in that game. In game 6 they had several gift runs handed to them,...The Indians gave it away to the "best team" ??
All that really matters is the score at the end. Cubs had the best record in baseball so they weren't :censored2:s.

bacha29

All that really matters is the score at the end. Cubs had the best record in baseball so they weren't :censored2:s.
Tito did more with less than any manager in recent WS memory. There is only one problem. 6 of the Cubs 8 position starters are signed through 2021. If the tribe can stay healthy next year.....can you say rematch?

542thruNthru

It makes me laugh how people can hate the Cubs fans. Oh sorry we are all really happy and excited. It's only been 108 years. People act like we are the worst fan base in the world all of a sudden. Oh ya philly fans are amazing. Don't forget those beer sharing Toronto fans. Get over it they won.

Keep up with all the excuses for the Indians. You put a pitcher against a good team 3 times in a 7 game series. Twice with only 3 days rest. Did you really think they were not going to get to him?

Anyways great WS. Indians played their hearts out. They have a hell of a team and a great manager. Good luck next year. Hope we see you again in the WS.

barnyard

KTM rider
I grew up north of Chicago and watched every Cubs game I could, while growing up. Even in college, I was able to tune into WGN on cable and watch. I had an official Cubs jersey and hat that I wore, even after I got married.

Then I quit drinking and all sportsball became too boring to tolerate. I have not watched a whole game in years. I went to a live Cubs/Brewers game at the new Milwaukee park, which was really cool, still, never got into it.

I watched the last game of the world series and thinking about all the people that I watched games with over the years, I got a bit choked up when they won. It was and is pretty freaking cool.

I am sure that the faithful have already seen them, but for those that have not, Budweiser but together the last out if Harry could have called it, check it out. There is also the video from outside Wrigley when the sign changed. The way the roar built, gives me goosebumps typing about it.

For me, I am tipping my cap to all the people that made being a Cubs fan a really cool thing. Harry, Jack Brickhouse and so many players that knew they did not play for a winning franchise, but had fun every day. Ron Santos, Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg and a cast of thousands.

Would it have killed the announcers to say, "Holy Cow!" just one time???

bbsam

Staff member
I grew up north of Chicago and watched every Cubs game I could, while growing up. Even in college, I was able to tune into WGN on cable and watch. I had an official Cubs jersey and hat that I wore, even after I got married.

Then I quit drinking and all sportsball became too boring to tolerate. I have not watched a whole game in years. I went to a live Cubs/Brewers game at the new Milwaukee park, which was really cool, still, never got into it.

I watched the last game of the world series and thinking about all the people that I watched games with over the years, I got a bit choked up when they won. It was and is pretty freaking cool.

I am sure that the faithful have already seen them, but for those that have not, Budweiser but together the last out if Harry could have called it, check it out. There is also the video from outside Wrigley when the sign changed. The way the roar built, gives me goosebumps typing about it.

For me, I am tipping my cap to all the people that made being a Cubs fan a really cool thing. Harry, Jack Brickhouse and so many players that knew they did not play for a winning franchise, but had fun every day. Ron Santos, Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg and a cast of thousands.

I was a diehard Cub fan until '84 when they blew it. I couldn't take it anymore and stopped watching until the World Series his year. Man! It was like I never stopped!

Ron Cey, Larry Bowa, Mookie Wilson, Jodie Davis, Mark Grace, Bobby Denier...an and on the list goes.

First thing I said at the final out--"HOLY COW!!"

We don't need no stinkin' announcers!

542thruNthru

I didn't drink during the whole WS. I wanted to remember every single detail I could. I refused to listen to Joe buck so I lined my TV up with the Cubs radio broadcast. Listen to Pat call the whole series.

I'm right there with bbsam. Right when the last out happen I said HOLY COW!! My dad was a huge Cubs fan. He is the reason I became a Cubs fan. He passed away 2 years ago. I held his grandson and sang Go Cubs Go, for him and all the other Cubs fans that passed away wishing they could have seen a Cubs WS win.