80%
100%
Chiropractic
80%
90% ($40 per visit $1000 max a year)
Diagnostic/X-ray/Lab
80%
90%

If any of my info is wrong let me know and I will edit.

saintrick

The UPS offer is from someone in another post.

Full Time
Lifetime Max
Unlimited
Annual Deductible (single/family)
$200/$400
OOP Max (includes deductible)
$2000 per person ( to3x )
Medical Office Visits
80%
Routine/Preventative Physical
100%
Well child care
100%
Emergency Room Visits
80%
Inpatient services
80%
Outpatient services
80%
Chiropractic
80%
Diagnostic/X-ray/Lab
80%
Retail Generics
75%
Retail Brand-Name
75%
Mail Order Generics
80%
Mail Order Brand Name
80%
Coinsurance Max OOP Retail/Mail
Mandatory Generics
yes
Mandatory Mail Order
yes; if Rx filled at Retail 50%
Mandatory Formulary
No
Employee Single
30.00 week
Employee Spouse
60.00 week
Employee Family
90.00 week

saintrick

The cost to employee would also rise 10% each year.

year
single
spouse
family
$30.00
$60.00
$90.00
$33.00
$66.00
$99.00
$36.30
$72.60
$108.90
$39.93
$79.86
$119.79
$43.92
$87.85
$131.77
$48.32
$96.63
$144.95
$53.15
$106.29
$159.44

DiligentUPSer

As I've stated in other related threads, the UPS offer is an insult as well as a tactic to show veteran part-timers the door and ensure that 98% of future new hires don't stay with the company long-term. Of course, this is so they can have as many of their employees making the minimum rate as possible. From what I've seen, the majority of the last 12-15 most recent new-hires in my area were hired even though they admitted they were taking on the job temporarily for the tuition assistance as a summer, seasonal, or otherwise short-term option (this is what UPS now desires). With technology, these guys don't need to know anything other than how to stack a package and UPS is happy with giving these guys the minimum. In my area, nobody else knows what is going on and they don't know the reads. But that's fine by UPS because they come cheap and technology tells them when they're doing something wrong so the area still functions (pretty low standard).

I started at UPS 9 years ago for the health insurance that I didn't have have at my previous higher paying job. I saw UPS as a long-term solution for me. As I grew with the company and used the health benefit, I started to see how outstanding the health insurance at UPS has been. Because of that, I've bled brown. When I'd go to the doctor, the facility would often times make a remark about how good my insurance was compared to the plans they would generally deal with. Within my course of employment, I earned a solid college degree, but have ignored that to this point because of my satisfaction with the UPS pay increases throughout the years combined with the health insurance and the pension. At the least, I believed these would continue amidst UPS raking in record profits.

In fact, approximately 8 months ago when I started thinking about the impending UPS/Teamster's contract, my biggest concern was the creation (holding UPS to their obligation) of 22.3 combo jobs. I knew UPS was making record profits and certainly expected a minimum of similar pay increases and health care coverage. Now, amidst the health care proposal and other rumors (such as zero raises for the duration of the contract), I don't see any incentive to continue with the company if these rumored proposals pass (which they won't because our union will fight and we'll strike if we have to).

What I love about the current health insurance is that sense of security that you can see a doctor and take on any health issues if they arise without the concern of getting into a financial hole. With the recent UPS proposal, you're not going to even want to go to the doctor because of the inadequate health coverage. If I had a family under the proposed coverage, I would be absolutely OUTRAGED!! Holy cow.

Why should we now pay for our health care when the coverage is profoundly reduced and it's essentially the same as any other run-of the-mill coverage you could find at any other job? I'd understand it to a certain extent if the company was having a difficult time, but UPS is making record profits -- $4.38 Billion in profits! They're making such profits because we are asked to do significantly more and take more B.S. I'm fine with doing significantly more and such, but then when I see these insulting offers as UPS' way of showing us what they think we're worth, it's downright reprehensible.

And the biggest kicker of all is that part-timers would have to pay nearly double the annual deductible and a 20% higher annual out-of-pocket maximum as compared to full-timers for the same weekly premium?! UPS is giving full-timers (drivers) more hours than they could ever want or care to handle at over $30 per hour (which they deserve). Meanwhile, part-timers can't get any hours if they try. The average part-timer at my hub gets around 16 hours per week. I probably get around the most hours at my hub of any part-timer and I average around 21.2 hours per week this time of year. That's sad that you can't even get the hours if you want them and others do not. But yet, with this proposal we're expected to have reduced benefits while paying the same weekly premiums as full-timers? Part-timers can not afford this insurance and it's not even worth paying for if you have other options. It's like UPS is trying to give the full-timers a greatly reduced benefit package relative to what they currently have, but yet try to justify it in order to get them to approve it by showing them that they are once again getting far more than the part-timers. I know the full-timers on this board are smarter than that, but who knows what UPSers nationwide will think.

Atomic_Smurf

Striking won't repeal Obamacare. We missed that chance again in November. I don't want to give up our great healthcare either but unfortunatly that was done three years ago. Now it just washing out in the contract.

rudy5150

Big brown is taking its work force for granted, Scott Davis is digging his own grave. His vision is walmart like. He wants the whole part time workforce making 10 an hour with paid crappy bennys. Yes i know many walmart employees dont even have bennys but this is the start of his master plan. Next contract no bennys at all for part timers. They have a hard enough time to find employees now. Wants supervisors handling packages everyday a young part time crew thats afraid to file grievences. Hes really trying to break the union as seen with the different health coverages for full timers vs part timers. Its time for ALL TEAMSTERS TO STAND UP FOR ONE ANOTHER AND VOTE NO ON ANY PROPOSAL THAT DIVIDES US

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Striking won't repeal Obamacare. We missed that chance again in November. I don't want to give up our great healthcare either but unfortunatly that was done three years ago. Now it just washing out in the contract.

I don't even remotely buy this argument. At least not for this contract. Most of Obamacare that would affect us won't go into effect until 2018.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't even remotely buy this argument. At least not for this contract. Most of Obamacare that would affect us won't go into effect until 2018.

Please tell us which part(s) of the AFCA will impact UPSers in 2014.

(Putting your reply in bold and using exclamation points does not make it "more" right)

BS is right---the major parts of AFCA don't kick in until 2018.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Please tell us which part(s) of the AFCA will impact UPSers in 2014.

(Putting your reply in bold and using exclamation points does not make it "more" right)

BS is right---the major parts of AFCA don't kick in until 2018.

There are none.

It's just a way for the "blame Obama for everything crowd" to sound foolish.

This should not be the time to be imposing your opinions on those serious about the current contract talks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Then like I would tell anyone....supply resources that you trust !!

So what does TDU say about 2014 and obamacare???

thedownhillEXPRESS

"While some of the most expensive and disruptive provisions of the massive legislation do not take effect until 2014,...."

Obamacare: Impact on States

Top 10 Most Expensive Obamacare Taxes and Fees | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Ok, for one this is a Blog post written by an opinion journalist citing a study by a non credible source (which she also works for).

On top of all of that , it still doesn't answer Upstates question.

moreluck

golden ticket member
..."it still doesn't answer Upstates question. "

He can do his own research....gotta go watch Shorty and the pit bulls.....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
..."it still doesn't answer Upstates question. "

He can do his own research....gotta go watch Shorty and the pit bulls.....

Translation: Someone finally called me out for my straw-man Obamacare potshots and I can't find any credible sources that weren't cooked up by a Koch Brothers funded study so I'm going to peace out.

I have very mixed feelings about Obamacare but the constant chant of "Blame it [UPS' health care proposals] on Obama!" is getting tired. This is nothing more than a corporate money grab that's able to use the muddled waters of Obamacare as a cover.