Customer concern

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We are to make 3 ATTEMPTS. During the first attempt the package was refused by the recipient, why in god's name would we make any subsequent attempts? This scenario is very dissimilar from the aforementioned Apartment complex situation. If you were to attempt the delivery to apartment D, then go to the rental office and they refuse to sign, then it is NI1 and we reattempt tomorrow. If, however we are making a business delivery and the consignee refuses it, then bye bye birdie, package gets RTS.

I would have done the exact same thing in Dave's situation. I mean, technically he could have also used NSP, but what he did was fine too.

over9five

Staff member
We are to make 3 ATTEMPTS. During the first attempt the package was refused by the recipient, why in god's name would we make any subsequent attempts? .....

But it was NOT refused by the recipient. Dave knew that package was not for the marina itself, it was for a boater. He never made contact with the recipient.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Where do you get that from what I said? Ignoring the sign, no. Being ok with the marina/driver rts' a package without my knowledge or giving me an attempt to make arrangments, no.
My point is the marina does NOT have the right to rts the box, only the right to refuse to SIGN for the box.
And I disagree with you. I think they do. It is clearly posted that prior approval must be obtained before any packages will be accepted. That is clear TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where do you get that from what I said? Ignoring the sign, no. Being ok with the marina/driver rts' a package without my knowledge or giving me an attempt to make arrangments, no.
My point is the marina does NOT have the right to rts the box, only the right to refuse to SIGN for the box.

They didn't RTS it, they REFUSED to sign for it. Since they REFUSED to sign for it, the result of that was that it was returned to the sender, I don't see where the complication comes in.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We are to make 3 ATTEMPTS. During the first attempt the package was refused by the recipient, why in god's name would we make any subsequent attempts? This scenario is very dissimilar from the aforementioned Apartment complex situation. If you were to attempt the delivery to apartment D, then go to the rental office and they refuse to sign, then it is NI1 and we reattempt tomorrow. If, however we are making a business delivery and the consignee refuses it, then bye bye birdie, package gets RTS.

I would have done the exact same thing in Dave's situation. I mean, technically he could have also used NSP, but what he did was fine too.
Thank you. I can't believe we're up to 5 pages of people moaning about the sorry state of our customer service over this.

Does the boater know the marina policy is the question ??? He has a slip I'm sure he does.

So he should consult a psychic to let him know that a box is coming? If he ordered from Amazon I agree. Get your fat boating ass up to the office and let them know a box is coming and get the ok for a signature. Granny send something I have know clue is coming and the marina that I bet I'm paying a pretty penny for a slip and related services refuses said box with giving me the courtesy of a heads up or the driver paid for three attempts rts' it knowing full well that the guy behind the counter doesn't have the right to rts, then yea, I'd be pretty pissed.

I was against Upstate getting a concern over this at first but the more I think about it maybe not so. The marina is definitely outside their rights on this.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I take this stand with good reason. I have a customer that often ships to an address other than her own. If the person rcving the package refuses to sign for it goes back. I refuse to deliver to her house based on safety. If I had a customer in an apt complex that repeatedly did not use their apt number then the same would apply. I don't have time, or the inclination to deal with a customer that has to be repeatedly reminded of what their address is, not when I have a 100 other customers that are more than happy to use their correct address and are HAPPY when I deliver their pkgs.

Dave said in an earlier post that the marina won't allow him to deliver to the slip and he won't deliver to the slip. That option is out. The customer has a responsibility to make arrangements. If the customer refuses to make arrangements with the marina then that is on the customer. The policy is clearly stated.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Think of it as a really wet apartment building. How many address' does it have? 123 Marina dr, slip 1, slip 2, slip3 ,etc. Just a thought, does the post office deliver mail to the marina that might be addressed to a boater? Do they toss it in a bin for the boater renting their slip or do they refuse that too?

Sorry cant compare it to apartments that's apples to oranges.

Where is your mind at??? :rofl::rofl:

Uh..........on the side of common sense and customer service?

Hypothetical, just to piss you off. You live on a boat at the marina. Your off work because of your shoulder, Those dummasses ate LM friend up your comp check and think they only need to pay you once a month. They realize their wrong and NDA a check to you to compensate. You didn't know it was coming. Gilligan and the Skipper at the counter refuse the package (should only refuse to sign but wtf thats not their policy) and Captain Customer Service says "yea, friend that chick. she should have made arrangements!" and they all laugh as he walks back to the PC and rts' your letter that night. Now you have no money for bills , dog food, snake anti-venom, or Harley parts.

You still ok with that sign?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But it was NOT refused by the recipient. Dave knew that package was not for the marina itself, it was for a boater. He never made contact with the recipient.

For all I know the recipient was out in the middle of Lake Champlain.

We have the same problem with Canadians sending UPS pkgs to FedEx and vice versa. These automatically get refused.

Has anyone noticed throughout all of this that I never said that I agreed with the policy? I understand why it is in place---they don't want boaters, Canadian or American, to order marine stuff off of the Internet that they sell in their store. From what I understand that was the original intent of the policy---it has been extended to all personal packages as they simply didn't wish to be a warehouse. It would be nothing for me to walk in with 5-6 personal packages each day during the busy season.

It is my place to agree or disagree with a policy of a store---it is my place to comply with such policy.

To the poster who compared this with an apartment complex---I guess that comparison could be made but it would really be a reach.

Has anyone noticed throughout all of this that I never said that I agreed with the policy?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

First the recipient didn't refuse it that's the problem. In The apartment situation I stated that said package has no apt number or letter on it therefor it looks as if it's addressed to the office. Just because the office says they won't sign for it that person doesn't work here doesn't mean you get to refuse it and send it back.

It's a no brainer that we're here (used to be, anyhow...) to provide customer service. God, I hope things haven't changed that much since I left Package.

Apparently so because the only people that seem to GAF enough about customer service or understand the idea that the marina can't RTS the package are the ones in feeder.

At least we'll still have jobs dropping off trailers of Surepost or whatever they come up with next while the PC folk are laid off or worse.

On a side note, no "likes" on posts anymore?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Uh..........on the side of common sense and customer service?

Hypothetical, just to piss you off. You live on a boat at the marina. Your off work because of your shoulder, Those dummasses ate LM friend up your comp check and think they only need to pay you once a month. They realize their wrong and NDA a check to you to compensate. You didn't know it was coming. Gilligan and the Skipper at the counter refuse the package (should only refuse to sign but wtf thats not their policy) and Captain Customer Service says "yea, friend that chick. she should have made arrangements!" and they all laugh as he walks back to the PC and rts' your letter that night. Now you have no money for bills , dog food, snake anti-venom, or Harley parts.

You still ok with that sign?
Probably not but I would not have a dog in this fight. The policy is clearly stated. Here's one back at you. I do not get mail delivered to the house. It has happened on occasion that someone will try and send something to our street address and it gets sent back. It is what it is. I have to contact whomever was sending whatever and have them resend it it because they did not send it to the PO BOX. The Industrial Comm got my letter returned to them for just this reason.

Indecisi0n

For all I know the recipient was out in the middle of Lake Champlain.

We have the same problem with Canadians sending UPS pkgs to FedEx and vice versa. These automatically get refused.

Has anyone noticed throughout all of this that I never said that I agreed with the policy? I understand why it is in place---they don't want boaters, Canadian or American, to order marine stuff off of the Internet that they sell in their store. From what I understand that was the original intent of the policy---it has been extended to all personal packages as they simply didn't wish to be a warehouse. It would be nothing for me to walk in with 5-6 personal packages each day during the busy season.

It is my place to agree or disagree with a policy of a store---it is my place to comply with such policy.

To the poster who compared this with an apartment complex---I guess that comparison could be made but it would really be a reach.

Has anyone noticed throughout all of this that I never said that I agreed with the policy?

It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. You follow it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
First the recipient didn't refuse it that's the problem. In The apartment situation I stated that said package has no apt number or letter on it therefor it looks as if it's addressed to the office. Just because the office says they won't sign for it that person doesn't work here doesn't mean you get to refuse it and send it back.

You are standing in the apt office, ask what the apt number is. Apples and oranges.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell that to the orange that lives on his boat (floating apartment).

There are other options---UPS Store, MBE, hold for pickup.

As I said, I personally do not agree with the policy as I think they should accept them as a service to their customers but I don't make policy--I follow it.