DADS WORK HARDER THAN MOMS!

oldngray

nowhere special
ma-the-meatloaf.gif

MrBates

I guess I'm kind of old school. In terms of taking care of the kids I expect my wife do more for the simple fact that she is the mother. It should be natural for the woman to take care of her kids. Just like a mother bear would sacrifice her life for the well being of her cubs. I expect my woman to take care of our kids while I watch Sunday football.

Indecisi0n

I guess I'm kind of old school. In terms of taking care of the kids I expect my wife do more for the simple fact that she is the mother. It should be natural for the woman to take care of her kids. Just like a mother bear would sacrifice her life for the well being of her cubs. I expect my woman to take care of our kids while I watch Sunday football.
It is natural for them to take of the kids . Other natural instincts are like cleaning toilets , dishes and laundry . It just makes them feel good .

bbsam

Staff member
My wife had two ankle replacement surgeries last year and after each had to stay off her feet for 8 weeks.

I have never been more exhausted day after M’friend’n day as I was those 16 weeks.

I didn’t have to drive at work but transporting kids, grocery shopping, school functions, soccer practices and games...

I couldn’t wait to get back to “work” so I could relax.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
My wife had two ankle replacement surgeries last year and after each had to stay off her feet for 8 weeks.

I have never been more exhausted day after M’friend’n day as I was those 16 weeks.

I didn’t have to drive at work but transporting kids, grocery shopping, school functions, soccer practices and games...

It's moments like that that you realize how hard of a job it is to be a Mom. I have been there. And while I wasn't clueless about what she did, I gained a greater appreciation for it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Wow, what is involved with that? I didn't even know they made replacements? Did she have both ankles done?

bbsam

Staff member
Wow, what is involved with that? I didn't even know they made replacements? Did she have both ankles done?
B9B6DB6D-ACA8-4F80-82E2-33533528C967.jpeg

A two part prosthetic. In this case, the bone broke during the procedure which is why the four screws are inserted.

She has rheumatoid arthritis which completely destroyed the cartilage one ankle joint and was doing the same to the second.

My dad has both knees replaced ant that was nothing compared to the ankles. These days, the day after a knee replacement, they have the patient up and walking. But I guess if an ankle were the same as a knee, they’d call it a knee. :)

She had first one done in August and second on December 21.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
View attachment 252291

A two part prosthetic. In this case, the bone broke during the procedure which is why the four screws are inserted.

She has rheumatoid arthritis which completely destroyed the cartilage one ankle joint and was doing the same to the second.

My dad has both knees replaced ant that was nothing compared to the ankles. These days, the day after a knee replacement, they have the patient up and walking. But I guess if an ankle were the same as a knee, they’d call it a knee. :)

She had first one done in August and second on December 21.
She out of pain after the healing?

bbsam

Staff member
She out of pain after the healing?
Definitely much better but the nature of rheumatoid arthritis is that the immune system is attacking the joints so now she’s experiencing knee problems.

But it’s night and day. There used to be days when walking down the hallway brought tears to her eyes.