Dallas

BrownArmy

If "black lives matter" then black lives need to stop doing stupid crap like assaulting police, aiming BB guns at police, carrying firearm(s) as a known felon and an assortment of other things.

How did I make it to almost retirement age without doing any of the aforementioned acts?

Yes, yes, let's blame the victims.

Last I heard, having a broken tail-light wasn't a 'death-sentence' infraction.

And, maybe it wouldn't have been, had the driver been white.

Are we clear about that?

Go on and on and on all you want, but here's a civilian with a CCW permit, who told the cop as much, and got shot because the cop lost his mind and was scared of a black man.

Let's be honest with each other - would this have happened if the guy was white?

BrownArmy

He had hours of opportunities to surrender and stand trial. It was his choice to die a martyr.

Excellent.

Except he didn't die in a shootout, he was summarily executed.

Guy was trapped, wasn't going anywhere.

Honestly, this aspect leaves me conflicted.

Part of me is pleased they killed the lunatic, by whatever means necessary, but the other part of me is displeased at the method.

For so many reasons, we're treading on new ground.

For all of you that cherish your 2nd amendment rights, and despise the government for encroaching on that right, why are you so flippant about violations of other Constitutional rights?

Due process?

Again, the 'mob-rule' part of me is pleased they killed the SOB.

But personally the other, more rational, part of me is dismayed at naked power displays from our government.

YMMV.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For all of you that cherish your 2nd amendment rights, and despise the government for encroaching on that right, why are you so flippant about violations of other Constitutional rights?
Speaking of constitutional rights.....
We need the second amendment to protect us from the possibility of a tyrannical oppressive government, and fight back when they overstep their bounds if need be.... hmmm.

BrownArmy

Speaking of constitutional rights.....
We need the second amendment to protect us from the possibility of a tyrannical oppressive government, and fight back when they overstep their bounds if need be.... hmmm.

K.

Let's play that out.

I have zero problems with the 2nd amendment.

Having said that, it's not clear to me that personal ownership of firearms, in this day and age, is the bulwark against governmental tyranny.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
K.

Let's play that out.

I have zero problems with the 2nd amendment.

Having said that, it's not clear to me that personal ownership of firearms, in this day and age, is the bulwark against governmental tyranny.
You might be right, but only because the government has robots with bombs ;)...

BrownArmy

The government wouldn't dream of trying to control us with their guns.

Also, they don't need to.

We're controlled by mortgages, credit cards, job insecurity, etc. on and on.

There is no realistic reason for our government to attack us...we are exactly where they want us to be.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

BrownArmy

Study Supports Suspicion That Police Are More Likely to Use Force on Blacks

Shocker.

"...The study of thousands of use-of-force episodes from police departments across the nation has concluded what many people have long thought, but which could not be proved because of a lack of data: African-Americans are far more likely than whites and other groups to be the victims of use of force by the police, even when racial disparities in crime are taken into account..."