Damn you taxes...

It's a good thing you don't have union dues coming out of your pay otherwise, it would be lower. That's ok though, I'll continue to pay my dues so you can continue to bitch and moan about having to pay taxes on your measly $1100 check.

Be thankful you don't have child support payments, because I have to pay taxes on my gross then get whacked by child support and she gets to claim the credit. That's always fun. Oh well, welcome to the real world.
Being a *?

FilingBluesFL

Imagine if they gave us the 50-150k earners some nice tax breaks instead of the wealthy and corporations the economy would be in great shape. As it is I would rather hoard my money or put more into my retirement than spend it. If I could get an extra 200-300 a week to myself I would be more inclined to put it back into the system by spending it.

$50-150k IS wealthy.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what a runner/gunner check looks like:

Regular 32.12 39.25 1260.71
Overtime 48.18 .06 2.89
Guarantee 32.12 .75 24.09
Total Hours Worked 39.31

Current Totals 1287.69

Net Pay 707.92

This includes $335 in taxes, 10% to my 401K ($128.77), $20 to UW and $96 in Union Dues.

Overpaid Union Thug

Imagine if they gave us the 50-150k earners some nice tax breaks instead of the wealthy and corporations the economy would be in great shape. As it is I would rather hoard my money or put more into my retirement than spend it. If I could get an extra 200-300 a week to myself I would be more inclined to put it back into the system by spending it.

The real trick would be for the federal government to stop spending so much money. And the middle class, believe it or not, are getting more money back collectively than we are putting in.{http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...ome-taxes-bottom-40-paid-91-got-average-18950 }So, more tax breaks for the middle class isn't the answer. And the amount of people not paying ANY taxes is ridiculous. And taxing the rich more doesn't even put a dent in the federal liability pie. So, as I said the best bet is less spending and we would also do well with a fair tax or flat tax.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
...and the UW donation....cheap bastard grosses $1,800 yet only gives $2 to UW...:(
I only give $5 and that's because the UW is not the best charity to put your money into. There are better organizations that doesn't pay their CEO millions and actually use more of the money to the cause they are supporting.

You really might want to be more observant and less judgmental as maybe people have different reasons on how they want to donate wherever they want. I give money elsewhere and only gave the $5/week to shut up management about it.

And this year we had a driver who got sick and tried to seek help from a UW sponsored organization. They turned him down and refused to help. So a lot of us will be putting $0 next year.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This is what a runner/gunner check looks like:

Regular 32.12 39.25 1260.71
Overtime 48.18 .06 2.89
Guarantee 32.12 .75 24.09
Total Hours Worked 39.31

Current Totals 1287.69

Net Pay 707.92

This includes $335 in taxes, 10% to my 401K ($128.77), $20 to UW and $96 in Union Dues.

Wow you are leaving thousands upon thousands of the table by being a "runner gunner". Just think how much more you could put in your 401k and maybe buy ups stock too. I have way more deductions and taxes and my 401k is at 20% and I bring home twice as much as you every week after all that.

Maybe running gunning isn't worth it? You're missing out on possibly a million more over your career in a well invested 401k.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow you are leaving thousands upon thousands of the table by being a "runner gunner". Just think how much more you could put in your 401k and maybe buy ups stock too. I have way more deductions and taxes and my 401k is at 20% and I bring home twice as much as you every week after all that.

Maybe running gunning isn't worth it? You're missing out on possibly a million more over your career in a well invested 401k.

Thanks for the advice but I am right where I need to be.

FilingBluesFL

Dave has better things to do than be at work.