Damn you taxes...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Thanks for the advice but I am right where I need to be.

I'd love to see how "great " your retirement will be. What are you going to do? Sit in your lonely condo with cats on the internet? I guess you don't need much money for that then.

I plan on actually living life with my wife and family. Work hard and smart now, live well and have everything later.

FilingBluesFL

Because it's the median income, doesn't make a person at $50,000 wealthy.

That's not what I said.

Median HOUSEHOLD income (as in the entire house combined) is $50k. He was talking about a sole individual, not an entire household, making $50k-150k. That's pretty damned good, and a single person making $50k as opposed to an entire household (all incomes combined) making $50k, can be seen as wealthy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's not what I said.

Median HOUSEHOLD income (as in the entire house combined) is $50k. He was talking about a sole individual, not an entire household, making $50k-150k. That's pretty damned good, and a single person making $50k as opposed to an entire household (all incomes combined) making $50k, can be seen as wealthy.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We make too much money to seek help or, more importantly, to not help those less fortunate.
Says who?

Most Make their own fortune. I'm not against giving someone a hand up. I refuse to give someone a hand out. 99% it ends up being a hand out.

At 40 years old my wife's sister was begging her 22 year old college student sister for money. Nope sorry if you really want to you'll figure it out.

J

jibbs

I'd love to see how "great " your retirement will be. What are you going to do? Sit in your lonely condo with cats on the internet? I guess you don't need much money for that then.

I plan on actually living life with my wife and family. Work hard and smart now, live well and have everything later.

and just what the :censored2: is wrong with cats?!?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's see.

Not that's it any of your business but our pension is $5.4K/month----my share after my ex gets her cut will be $4.6K/month. My 401k will be well over $200K which I will not touch until I have to at 70 1/2. My condo will be paid off and will be worth $90K. My SS will be close to $2K/month when I start drawing at 67. I do plan on working part time (I like numbers and will probably do taxes) and volunteering.

I will be eating the good cat food when I retire. (pun fully intended)

FilingBluesFL

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Making what I do at UPS, I've been able to stash away 10k last year, and so far this year, an additional 10k in savings just by living within my means.

I don't have car payments, and I just recently cut my cable bill down to $70 from $250 a month.

Living a more frugal lifestyle and within your means instead of living paycheck to paycheck makes for a more "wealthy" lifestyle.