Day 1 of unpaid vacation

Indecisi0n

There is never any reason you should be touching that signature screen. If worse comes to worse I would rather DR it then touch that and type something in.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of the drivers I went out as a helper with this summer not only scanned an air before we got to the.stop so it wouldn't be late....but also he signed the.diad at 2 businesses that were closed (it was the day before 4th of July and some places were closing early). He scanned and handed me the packages and diad both times...was instructed to ring the back door...if no one answered...to leave the package anyway and come back. Both times when I WAD and handed him back the board....i saw him sign it. Lucky for him I'm not a rat.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

Business signed before all packages were scanned. Then left. Stop complete got accidentally pressed. Scanned remaining packages and put POS instead of getting a second signature.
Just to clarify...was it impossible to get a second sig?

I definitely wouldve taken my chances with a D R.

You didnt sign the customers name so no legal problems there. Just a questionable decision. Hardly worth losing a job.

iruhnman630

Bleedinbrown, the driver you helped not only violated policy but also broke the law by forging a legal document. Two drivers from our building work for Fed Ex now for that.

Unlearn that one.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
your story makes NO sense. I'm not the smartest person but there are more holes in this story than in the piece of swiss cheese i had in my sammich today

Howzabout telling us the ENTIRE story .

UPSGUY72

You should have DR the remaining packages than you won't have been in this predicament.

I don't and will never sign someones name or write anything on the sig line of the DIAD. If I can't find anyone to sig for the package or they busy and can't and ther package isn't sig requested and the location isn't a no DR stop in the DIAD I will DR the package or packages and leave them where someone will have to trip over them or sit on them.

O

OLDMAN3

I was a witness on a shop stewards grievance for drivers working off the clock. So they were looking for anything they could hang me for.
Now you know the rest of the story. See above^
He most likely did it out of convenience or perhaps because he was rushed.
Since writing "POS" is not any type of approved method, he must have learned it from someone, a supervisor seems most likely.

Can anyone tell us if "signature on file" at a business would hold up as an approved method at a hearing, because supervisors teach it around here.

undies

I once signed for a man that asked me to. His hands were full with a crying newborn baby...how could I say no to that? Not only would he have to put the baby down, but also touch the dirty diad...oh well.

Future

Victory Ride
biguglybaby.jpg
I once signed for a man that asked me to. His hands were full with a crying newborn baby...how could I say no to that? Not only would he have to put the baby down, but also touch the dirty diad...oh well.
This Baby keeps creeping up on our Forum!

BrownTexas

Every time I get fired I get a little wiser. Sooner or later they will create an unstoppable beast. Lol. I've had a woman answer the door breast feeding a new born. I will now have to tell her to go set the child down just to get a signature for a lame package. They don't realize by trying to "show me who is boss" with this situation by firing me for something ignorant because I was a witness on a grievance. The customer will now suffer because of situation like theses.