Day after Christmas

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Not many rail loads anymore from what I hear, maybe someone else could expand on that.
There have been several threads dealing with this topic. In a nutshell, the rail roads are opting for transportation of oil rather than trailers.

Johney

Not many rail loads anymore from what I hear, maybe someone else could expand on that.
Maybe it's a Northern and Midwest thing with the rail, but down here in the south we still get a crap load of trailers on the rail.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Still not convinced that Feeders doesn't work on Xmas Eve. If Xmas eve was a dead feeder day, they'd be off Xmas eve and Xmas, Never heard that ever. I'm not saying they work til 12AM, but feeders are driving trailers to hubs.

Is there a lot to move, NO, but there is movement of packages regardless. Just because it doesn't reach the package car doesn't mean it sits for 2 days.

We have 11 feeder runs going out of my center tomorrow, out of close to 100. A few distance/pickup runs, but mostly shuttling stuff localy. I have a Sunday-Thursday job, so when I pubch out tonight....I'm done for the week.

Whoo hoo feeders

oldupsman

Still not convinced that Feeders doesn't work on Xmas Eve. If Xmas eve was a dead feeder day, they'd be off Xmas eve and Xmas, Never heard that ever. I'm not saying they work til 12AM, but feeders are driving trailers to hubs.

Is there a lot to move, NO, but there is movement of packages regardless. Just because it doesn't reach the package car doesn't mean it sits for 2 days.

Well Heff, I really can only speak for my old building which is an east coast hub. Feeders never left our building
on Christmas Eve or Christmas. When those guys punched out on the morning of the 24th they didn't come back in until
the night of the 26th.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Update ( which keeps changing ) ....
preload will be working on Friday 12-26 , but not at normal start time. Will find out tonite if it's 4:30am or 5:00am .
Since my end of day is 3 am , I will be enjoying a nice 4 day break .
However start time for next week will be half an hour earlier .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Update ( which keeps changing ) ....
preload will be working on Friday 12-26 , but not at normal start time. Will find out tonite if it's 4:30am or 5:00am .
Since my end of day is 3 am , I will be enjoying a nice 4 day break .
However start time for next week will be half an hour earlier .
Should be interesting. I wonder how many preloaders already had plans to go out of town for xmas with a 4 day weekend planned.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Should be interesting. I wonder how many preloaders already had plans to go out of town for xmas with a 4 day weekend planned.
I had planned for a 4 day weekend...as I've had enough seniority to get the 26th off for the past few years. center manager says everyone is working...start time is midnight. Bah
Humbug.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bah-Humbug-Day.jpg