Day after holiday?

brownout33

Hi all, new to the site and wasn't sure where to post this, but I have a question about holiday pay, I have been working at UPS for over a year and I know we get paid for Memorial Day, but today I am not feeling so well and was thinking about just using my optional day, however I have heard you have to work both the day before and after a holiday in order to get paid for that holiday, so would I be forfeiting that pay for yesterday by missing today?

iowa boy

Unless you scheduled it in advance you would be losing the holiday pay if you bang in today.

Upstate, it depends on what part of the country he is in. In the Central region, you have to work either the day before or the day after the holiday to get paid for the holiday.

Hi all, new to the site and wasn't sure where to post this, but I have a question about holiday pay, I have been working at UPS for over a year and I know we get paid for Memorial Day, but today I am not feeling so well and was thinking about just using my optional day, however I have heard you have to work both the day before and after a holiday in order to get paid for that holiday, so would I be forfeiting that pay for yesterday by missing today?
If you work the day before or after in the central region you would get paid. If not in your region and you worked the day before and were granted an optional paid day I would think that's the same as actually working. When you call in ask your boss he has a way of coding it so you would get paid no matter what I'm sure.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Option days count as a report to work here in the SE. 4 day weekends are the norm around here so this issue has been beaten to death.