Veterans Day Pay.

PT Car Washer

Yep because if you’re designating that week to be used as sick/discretionary days you are using your option week of vacation.
So I lose a week of vacation for a week of your so called sick days? Doesn't sound like much of a win to me. The company was already taking an optional day from you whenever you called in.

Thebrownblob

So I lose a week of vacation for a week of your so called sick days? Doesn't sound like much of a win to me. The company was already taking an optional day from you whenever you called in.
I know this is difficult for you, but you need to keep up. You have the “option.” if it works for you great if not don’t. I have guys who are ecstatic about it. I foresee a lot of trips to the lake on Friday for them.

And the company was not taking your option days. If you split a week up for single day vacations, they might’ve been taking those. And you can still split that week up as well. But the rules still apply that you have to ask in advance. You don’t have to split any of them up. If you don’t want to you’re the biggest crybaby I’ve ever met. Lol the company isn’t taking anything from you by contractually giving you more options.

PT Car Washer

I know this is difficult for you, but you need to keep up. You have the “option.” if it works for you great if not don’t. I have guys who are ecstatic about it. I foresee a lot of trips to the lake on Friday for them.

And the company was not taking your option days. If you split a week up for single day vacations, they might’ve been taking those. And you can still split that week up as well. But the rules still apply that you have to ask in advance.
We have always had the option to call in sick without losing out on vacation. I don't see this as any big deal. I guess now if you take off on Friday you can be forced in on Saturday?

Thebrownblob

We have always had the option to call in sick without losing out on vacation. I don't see this as any big deal. I guess now if you take off on Friday you can be forced in on Saturday?
Jesus, you’re obtuse, you can call in and use the day get paid for it and not be charged with an occurrence. Full timers can use their whole option week that way if they choose getting 10 hours each day of pay, and they do not have to schedule in advance. What the hell are you talking about Saturday? No you can’t be forced.

It’s a miracle you’ve been alive this long. I’m surprised you haven’t swallowed your own tongue, drinking water. 😂

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Jesus, you’re obtuse, you can call in and use the day get paid for it and not be charged with an occurrence. Full timers can use their whole option week that way if they choose getting 10 hours each day of pay, and they do not have to schedule in advance. What the hell are you talking about Saturday? No you can’t be forced.

It’s a miracle you’ve been alive this long. I’m surprised you haven’t swallowed your own tongue, drinking water. 😂
B U L L Y I N G

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

IMG_5269.gif

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Veterans Day is paid off? Not where I’m at. Supplementals are weird. How can sick/personal and holidays not be uniform across the company? I was surprised to find out there’s no cola adjustments based on area. I’m a freaking millionaire where I live on this hourly rate. I’d be homeless in NYC.

Thebrownblob

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...

4 days off. The people bitching probably preferred family time over money, and were able to go visit people they don't see very often during the extended weekend.
Those people would be wise to schedule a vacation that week, or they could simply call in Friday

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We call it single day vacation option and have had this for a while. In fact we are allowed to break up 2 weeks of vacation. No real improvement. And yes management can deny your request.
If you've earned over 3 weeks vacation you can split up two weeks yes. So an 8 year employee can in essence split up 3 full weeks.

Brownwind

A thirty plus year employee doesn’t beg for a day off. We just put our name on the calendar and take it. I just took two burner weeks leading into my vacation week. I’m sure no one cares

PT Car Washer

A thirty plus year employee doesn’t beg for a day off. We just put our name on the calendar and take it. I just took two burner weeks leading into my vacation week. I’m sure no one cares
I asked for a 30 day leave this Summer and it was turned down. Then management started laying off FT car washers. Crazy.