Daytona’s first female UPS driver helps welcome 1,500 others into 25-year accident-free honor club

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Daytona’s first female UPS driver helps welcome 1,500 others into 25-year accident-free honor club - KFDA

UPS is welcoming nearly 1,500 of its drivers worldwide into an elite group called the Circle of Honor, reserved for drivers who have not had a vehicle accident in 25 years.

At the end of March, UPS announced 1,495 of its drivers across four continents were inducted into the Circle of Honor.

One UPS driver who knows all too well about safe driving is Janis Bailey, the first female driver out of her center in Daytona Beach to join the elite group. She was inducted into the Circle of Honor a few years ago, but with that honor comes another – being a female trailblazer in the world of UPS.

When she joined UPS in 1989, Bailey wasn’t what customers were used to seeing in a male-dominated field. But she didn’t let that phase her.

Only 1,500 of UPS drivers reaching 25 yrs out of its MILLIONS OF DAILY DRIVERS. I'm sure UPS is happy they will be retiring a few drivers on a big monthly retirement paycheck. Trust me those 1,500 drivers loved there job a reason they stayed with the company and made sure they had no accident.