Dead in the water

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
One of the options that we used here a few years was the ability to use helpers after christmas. While it will not get all the deliveries done in a day or two, they will get delivered.

Needless to say, your center's layoffs will be postponed a week or two.

d

Mike Hawk

My center is in a similar position sober, although we are a wee lil center in the big scheme of things we have 5 trailers of ruined Xmases and livid customers. When December runs out we all will be boned, vacations start and no more peak helpers, and with the penny pinching of late there will be no insiders as helpers either. If Corporate let us do 2 Sunday sorts, one this week and one last week, we would be in much better position, but no the bottom line is the only line, ignore the line of customers stretching outside the building waiting to get told their package is locked in a trailer.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
"..The bottom line is the only line" I'm surprised they don't put that on the sides of the package cars. I feel for you guys fighting big brown AND mother nature.

AKCoverMan

Sober.. any headway on the 26th? We were all caught up here in Anchorage as of the 24th everything in town was out for delivery... but 2300ish peices of 2DA were stuck at Boeing Field and arrived on the 26th so everyone was corked even as routes were cut in anticipation of a "light day". So we have a lot of leftovers to serve on Monday.

But nothing like what you are dealing with. I don't know how you even start to deal with it!