Death before Retirement ??

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
If you die b4 you retire, then you got nothing to worry about.

I hope heaven isn't a busy place; I just want to find a bench in the shade and nap. (for freakin' eternity)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What happens to your pension if you pass before you retire and have 25,30 etc years in ? Teamcare pays your life ins. , what about pension from ups ,is it lost money ??
In our local, your beneficiary gets a 10 year payout. So, that would be $4100 a month minus $150/month for insurance

clean hairy

I tried to find it but no success.
There was thread somewhere on here about a Driver who used their vacation prior to their retirement date.
While on vacation as an active non retired employee, this driver passed away.
The discussion was if the spouse or estate was entitled to his Pension.
Hopefully someone else can find the thread.
I am guessing a couple of years ago, maybe? but not for certain....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In our local, your beneficiary gets a 10 year payout. So, that would be $4100 a month minus $150/month for insurance
isn't that payout minus what you have already collected on your pension? i think that is what they do with the western conference if i understand it correctly.

upsmaster

What happens to your pension if you pass before you retire and have 25,30 etc years in ? Teamcare pays your life ins. , what about pension from ups ,is it lost money ??
You will lose all but 1 years pay and the rest of the money stays with the pension plan ( TEAMSTERS ). You have to get to your golden 80 then it is safe. All teamsters should have a life insurance until you make it to that point in your time with UPS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You will lose all but 1 years pay and the rest of the money stays with the pension plan ( TEAMSTERS ). You have to get to your golden 80 then it is safe. All teamsters should have a life insurance until you make it to that point in your time with UPS.
Which speaks of your plan only. We don't have peer 80.