Deer hunters

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Really the most difficult thing about a bow is that you have to get the deer so close. Yeah there is a little more skill in shooting a bow but practice a little and it shouldn’t be a problem

That, and the lazy jerks who shoot the animal with a bow, and don't bother tracking it if it doesn't fall right away.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That, and the lazy jerks who shoot the animal with a bow, and don't bother tracking it if it doesn't fall right away.
I don’t know of any bow hunter that would do that. Most bow hunters are very serious hunters. The ones that aren’t serious are usually your gun hunters. They go out for 2 weekends a year so they can say they hunt.

I’ve also never seen a deer shot with a bow that dropped instantly. If you’re bow hunting it’s pretty much known you’re gonna be tracking.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t know of any bow hunter that would do that. Most bow hunters are very serious hunters. The ones that aren’t serious are usually your gun hunters. They go out for 2 weekends a year so they can say they hunt.

I’ve also never seen a deer shot with a bow that dropped instantly. If you’re bow hunting it’s pretty much known you’re gonna be tracking.

Longbow hunters understand that. The problem is more with crossbow hunters who act like they are using a gun.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

We get one hell of a lot of city boys come to the area to hunt, drink and play cards during deer seasons. Emphasis on drink.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We get one hell of a lot of city boys come to the area to hunt, drink and play cards during deer seasons. Emphasis on drink.
Ohio is known for big bucks. So our parts of Illinois and we get lots of transplants but almost all for gun season. Either that or they come to hunt fenced in deer.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hell, I used to go to the hunting cabin just for the cards and booze.......lol

Yeah, but those flatlanders all gotta prove how macho they are.

There was a butcher shop on my route out in the eastern part of the county that would give me four or five pounds of venison every time I stopped in rifle season.

They knew those big time city boys had no idea what they got.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

There was a butcher shop on my route out in the eastern part of the county that would give me four or five pounds of venison every time I stopped in rifle season.

I have two of those butcher shops on my route. I’m going to have to have a talk to those boys!!

rod

Retired 22 years

Don’t tell our backwoods secrets

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

There is one of those on my route. First time I walked in and saw all the deer carcasses hanging from the ceiling it about freaked me out.