Delivering out of 4x4

Rolling Brown Out

I got a new route in the mountains of Colorado. I'll be delivering out of a 4x4 truck. More miles, less stops. Anyone doing the same? Wondering how it is for you and any advice you can give. Thanks!

badpal

If they start that rural remote stuff again, a route that rough might only run once or twice a week. Be nice in the summer i guess , U might get 2 months when there isnt a chance of a blizzard.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's been said that all a 4 X 4 will get you is deeper into the boonies before you get stuck. There is a lot of truth to that. Be careful and take a survival kit with you. There is no cell service in a lot of remote places.

Nolimitz

I use to shuttle to a couple remote FedEx routes using 4x4. as Rod said be prepared. flats,snow, etc. be prepared. chains shovel water and food watch your fuel too.

OrionIsDaddy

Get your customers phone #s if possible...I had about 4 stops over 60 miles that didn't mind if I left their stuff at the gas station at the bottom of the hill. Just had to call them and let them know.

Saved me at least an hour a day that I didn't want.

Get your customers phone #s if possible...I had about 4 stops over 60 miles that didn't mind if I left their stuff at the gas station at the bottom of the hill. Just had to call them and let them know.

Saved me at least an hour a day that I didn't want.
100% don't do this. That's how you get stops added to your run back in town, or allows them to cut the neighboring extended route. Run them off, do your job. 9.5 if you need it.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Make sure to always keep a few bags of sand and a shovel in your truck in the winter. They will come in handy when you get stuck….and you will get stuck.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
It's alot of up n down out of the back. Try and stage stops in the passenger seat, save your knees. Use the sliding door on the passenger side of your center has a key.

4x4 package car or sprinter type van?
Usually a ford truck chassis with a box on the back.

9u6nzku73a241.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
With that thing consignees can actually use the excuse "d0nT tHoSe Th1nGs HaVe 4 wHeEl DrIvE???" when you can't get into their :censored2:ty driveway.