Delivery Driver Interview Tomorrow

• Thread starter brown.in.waiting
  • Start date
B

brown.in.waiting

Greetings. Been scouring this site for information and you all have been super helpful -- I dig it. I have an interview tomorrow for a Full-Time Package Driver and have versed myself crazy preparing -- problem is I'm an outsider off the street, so the only nuts and bolts I know is what I've learned from you all here. Can I expect the typical "get to know you, strengths/weaknesses, attributes, are you an idiot, etc" song and dance of an interview?

Any pointers would be appreciated. And a big Thank You to all of your posts that have helped me, scared me, raised good/bad points, and made me laugh pretty hard.

--js

DS

Fenderbender
Just be yourself,if you`ve come this far then you know its a demanding job and you sound determined to pursue it,you`ve read our complaints about it ,and the things we like , so just
think of it as a new job...dont worry,they will tell you what to do.
God help you.
aim high,dont forget the handrail

tieguy

Banned
tell them you are a friend of mine, it 'll get you hired for sure.:laugh:

Why are you here:

1) need a job - wrong answer
2) I like challenges get bored easily - good answer

You know this job requires you bust your but under all kinds of adverse conditions:

1) gee do you have any office work- wrong answer
2) Well I used to dig ditches in hell and I loved the workout - good answer

To be successful you will probably need to spend every spare moment memorizing all kinds of information

1) do I get paid for this the time I spend memorizing at home? - wrong answer

2) I memorize thousands of bits of useless trivia while sitting on the toilet, I have no family and no life outside of work - good answer.

You can expect a lot of long days working this job -

1) Is a long day considered more then 6 hours - wrong answer

2) I am socially dysfunctional and have no life outside of work. I dream of wearing brown uniforms when I sleep. - good answer.

trickpony1

You might also tell them there is no greater honor in this world, or the next, then being a supervisor for this company. :lol: :lol: :lol:

browned out

Why are you here:

1) need a job - wrong answer
2) I like challenges get bored easily - good answer

You know this job requires you bust your but under all kinds of adverse conditions:

1) gee do you have any office work- wrong answer
2) Well I used to dig ditches in hell and I loved the workout - good answer

To be successful you will probably need to spend every spare moment memorizing all kinds of information

1) do I get paid for this the time I spend memorizing at home? - wrong answer

2) I memorize thousands of bits of useless trivia while sitting on the toilet, I have no family and no life outside of work - good answer.

You can expect a lot of long days working this job -

1) Is a long day considered more then 6 hours - wrong answer

2) I am socially dysfunctional and have no life outside of work. I dream of wearing brown uniforms when I sleep. - good answer.

RIGHT ON THE NOSE

B

brown.in.waiting

Hey thanks for all the humorous and helpful insights......interview was smooth and relaxing. Couldn't help but laugh in my head as the 2 HR folks went through all the obligatory questions and then got to the "promote within" culture speak about moving into supervisory roles......as much as I wanted to repeat trickpony1's comment; "there is no greater honor in this world, or the next, then being a supervisor for this company," all that came out was "that would be most excellent." Sorry trickpony1.

Also, do all HR guys look like the 2 HR characters from the movie Office Space?

Channahon

Brown - Congratulations on the interview. HR has the responsibility to have a promotional pool for future openings. They may have seen something they liked in your answers or job application. Not to mention government agencies auditing HR to ensure employee diversity is in compliance with the demographics of your area. You must be one confident person to handle an interview and laughing in your head. Good luck