Demands of Driver on Driver's Helper

542thruNthru

Most people ignore this and cut their helpers loose at the end. You would be lucky if the driver allowed you off prior to the last handful of split resis and misloads.
If you are a bad helper. You'll get tossed out around pick-ups.

Mgmt does not seem to care around here.

It's different everywhere but also there're routes that just don't need helpers that long. Can always ask and if it doesn't work out, quit helping. A center that wants to keep a good helper will do their best to make it happen. At least here anyways.

Jstpeachy

They so not care and you will be tired AF on your next shift but it's still worth it if you sleep in your car overnight.

Lol I don’t sleep in my car but I drive 45 minutes to work so if I’m getting done with helper at 9-10pm then having to be at preload at 12-1 no sense driving home lol. I’ll see how it goes once it gets closer. Maybe hopping on a smaller route will be an option.

Lol I don’t sleep in my car but I drive 45 minutes to work so if I’m getting done with helper at 9-10pm then having to be at preload at 12-1 no sense driving home lol. I’ll see how it goes once it gets closer. Maybe hopping on a smaller route will be an option.
Many times they want you to meet up with a driver in your hometown for a couple of hours

Jstpeachy

Many times they want you to meet up with a driver in your hometown for a couple of hours

Technically if I met a driver close to my home it would be a different UPS building that runs routes here. They just weren’t hiring when I applied . *shrugs*

They used a few helpers during prime week here and they had those preloaders leave like 30min-1 he before the end of sort them come back and hop in. But maybe it will go differently during peak

Technically if I met a driver close to my home it would be a different UPS building that runs routes here. They just weren’t hiring when I applied . *shrugs*

They used a few helpers during prime week here and they had those preloaders leave like 30min-1 he before the end of sort them come back and hop in. But maybe it will go differently during peak
Good luck kiddo

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello;
Is there a minimum amount of hours a helper can ask to work, or can a driver demand and expect the helper to work whatever hours the driver wants; a driver today said he needed someone to go out until 9:30 pm and I couldn't do it, but this refusal also foreclosed on my chances of getting a "second" driver that might have had less hours needed. Seems a little harsh. Any help would be appreciated...
There are no helper routes in this time of year so, Whatcha' talkin' bout' Willis?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's all about the OT. It's not easy. I had a guy who looked like a zombie one year but he showed up every day. I greeted him with a large coffee and a power bar every morning.

I had a lady who had no boots and wore sneakers and a very light sweatshirt in the middle of December. I knew she was cold and hungry. We had taken a break at a c-store so I could get her something to eat and drink and I parked next to a snowplow bank.

She had gone inside to use restroom and get something to drink. Just before entering the truck, she slipped on the snowbank and went ass over tea kettle in the air. Her Diad ended up on the roof of the PC and her stuff went everywhere. It was a rough day for sure. She never once complained about how long she was out or anything else that day.

She ended up getting kept on and I suggested they try her for driving. She got the job and turned out to be one of our best and hardest working drivers we have.

WTFm8

drivers dont turn their :censored2: in, imagine working 40 hours and getting a check with it not there

As a driver I know this so I always keep notes in my phone of date, name, and time they were with me.

Management also likes to try to play 2hr approval games sometimes but drivers keep them for minimum of 3 cause that’s what they’re guaranteed.

Many times last year I’d pick a helper up around 11 and keep till 5-8pm range... then still be out till 10-10:30.

The biggest joke is how much they just cram into the trucks then you leave a bunch of stops behind. Waste so much time looking for stuff that won’t be shuttled out till 3-6pm range. They should just park a trailer at the end and shove everybody's 7&8k shelves in it then resort after drivers leave.

5/6 shelf should become 5k and 7/8k should be 6k. Reassign any bulk stops that normally hit end shelf of truck to 5/6k shelf respectively during peak.

Gets to point you just make the shuttle driver keep majority of packages from areas you’ve been to reattempt following day. At least dispatch is smart enough to reverse route plane every 2-3 days because of entire developments not getting service.

WTFm8

They so not care and you will be tired AF on your next shift but it's still worth it if you sleep in your car overnight.

Thought about a slide in camper for my truck. Maybe just settle on a mattress and arctic sleeping bag in my cap... if only they’d fix the shower at the building.

WTFm8

Education. Transfer.

Apply to school, get papers, apply for transfer, get transfer, withdraw from school.