Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom Has His A/C So Cold That He Needs A Coat While Lecturing About Saving Energy!

vantexan

I also find it funny how conservatives are now all about the government handling utilities instead of letting the free market deciding what to do.
What we're against is government regulating utilities in an effort to shut down fossil fuel usage. California is paying the price for allowing extremism to govern their infrastructure. I find it funny that the State that is requiring in less than 4 years 35% of all new cars be EV's can't handle the small percentage of EV's they have now yet they don't want to solve their needs by building nuclear power plants. Government should be about making sure the free market isn't making their profits by hurting others such as dumping cancer causing materials into the water supply. It shouldn't be about picking winners and losers depending on the latest political fad. Or contributions.

newolddude

What we're against is government regulating utilities in an effort to shut down fossil fuel usage. California is paying the price for allowing extremism to govern their infrastructure. I find it funny that the State that is requiring in less than 4 years 35% of all new cars be EV's can't handle the small percentage of EV's they have now yet they don't want to solve their needs by building nuclear power plants. Government should be about making sure the free market isn't making their profits by hurting others such as dumping cancer causing materials into the water supply. It shouldn't be about picking winners and losers depending on the latest political fad. Or contributions.
They're also learning the lesson from the "no nukes" crowd pushing them around.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They're also learning the lesson from the "no nukes" crowd pushing them around.
Sierra Club.

You want to as a state change how you will generate electricity fine, but have a plan beforehand implemented to generate needed capacity.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
418555_rh3xw8ljldfyfbp.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes, I know.

The difference is we have the capability to criticize "our people" and demand better of them or look better choices. Your people never do anything wrong ever and if they do you find excuses or deflect.

Nope. We completely disavow "our guys" who are really creeps. We call them rinos, or establishment. The ones that you guys try your hardest to take down, yet can never seem to actually find anything on them, well, you can't blame us for standing by them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
California was suggesting not using intermittently large appliances that would cause amperage drain on the grid like electric dryers 30 Amps or electric stoves 50 Amps . This from the state that wants everyone to go to EV's
Most EVs can take in about 32 amps, adding around 25 miles of Range Per Hour of charging, so a 32-amp charging station is a good choice for many vehicles. You may also want to increase your speed or get ready for your next vehicle with a faster 50-amp charger that can add about 37 miles of range in an hour.
So let's ban natural gas and fossil fuel when the grid cannot support what they have now.