Democrats

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Guess who is the Number 1 headliners for the big annual NH fund raising campaign ?

Many dems see this as a first step to "test the waters " for the 2020 elections .
And to be pick as the top speaker is quite an honor .

None other then Former Vice President Joe Biden , who by the way declined the same offer in 2015 .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(WASHINGTON EXAMINER) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg erroneously labeled South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham as one of the “women of the Senate” on Monday.

Ginsburg’s misstatement came in her remarks upon accepting an Allegheny College award given to her and the late Justice Antonin Scalia for civility in public life. Hours after Justice Neil Gorsuch was sworn in to replace Scalia, Ginsburg took to the podium in calling on lawmakers to work together, but mistakenly identified South Carolina’s senior senator as a woman.

“I thought back to the 1993 confirmation of my nomination to the court—the hearing was altogether civil, the vote was 96 to 3. For Justice Scalia, the vote was unanimous,” Ginsburg said. “Let’s hope members of Congress, the members that Allegheny College has already honored — Vice President Joe Biden and Senator John McCain, the women of the Senate, Senators Dianne Feinstein and Lindsey Graham — let’s hope that they and others of goodwill will lead in restoring harmonious work ways.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
(WASHINGTON EXAMINER) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg erroneously labeled South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham as one of the “women of the Senate” on Monday.

Ginsburg’s misstatement came in her remarks upon accepting an Allegheny College award given to her and the late Justice Antonin Scalia for civility in public life. Hours after Justice Neil Gorsuch was sworn in to replace Scalia, Ginsburg took to the podium in calling on lawmakers to work together, but mistakenly identified South Carolina’s senior senator as a woman.

“I thought back to the 1993 confirmation of my nomination to the court—the hearing was altogether civil, the vote was 96 to 3. For Justice Scalia, the vote was unanimous,” Ginsburg said. “Let’s hope members of Congress, the members that Allegheny College has already honored — Vice President Joe Biden and Senator John McCain, the women of the Senate, Senators Dianne Feinstein and Lindsey Graham — let’s hope that they and others of goodwill will lead in restoring harmonious work ways.”
No worries....we all misidentify Ruth as a woman!

moreluck

golden ticket member
kEOvbGA.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
DNC pushes for $15 min. wage, yet just got sued for underpaying employees

DNC pushes for $15 min. wage, yet just got sued for underpaying employees

The Democratic National Committee is back in hot water after dozens of field workers are suing the political organization for underpaying them — despite pushing for a $15 minimum wage.

According to CBS Philly, a Pennsylvania-based attorney Justin Swidler is representing between 40 to 50 “field organizers” around the country were left out of being paid overtime during the 2016 election. Meanwhile, the DNC shelled out over a million dollars to staff members from money they had raised during the Democratic National Convention in July 2016 in Philadelphia. Interns got $500 bonuses while the executive director received a bonus of around $300,000.

“I think everyone’s reaction is the same. It’s obscene,” Swidler told CBS Philly. “One of the arguments that the Democrats are making is that they just don’t have the money to pay overtime to their workers.”

In addition to suing the DNC, six total state party organizations are listed as defendants, including Pennsylvania. During the election, the DNC adopted the platform to push for a $15 national minimum wage. Now, they’re struggling to pay their own workers.

“These workers were out there in a campaign that was promising $15 an hour minimum wage, and expanding the overtime rights of workers,” Swidler continued. He noted that one of the plaintiffs, Bethany Katz, put in 80-to-90 hours a week in the late stages of Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

“They got paid a flat salary of $3,000 a month, which isn’t even minimum wage for some of the hours that they were working,” said Swidler. That translates to about $7.69 to $8.65 per hour without a boost in overtime compensation.

Read more at DNC pushes for $15 min. wage, yet just got sued for underpaying employees

wkmac

More and more progressives are even calling out the Democratic Party for what they've become. I don't have to agree with their conclusions to respect them for sticking to their principles.

newfie

More and more progressives are even calling out the Democratic Party for what they've become. I don't have to agree with their conclusions to respect them for sticking to their principles.

are you afraid to agree with something?