demonstration

Lue C Fur

Evil member
USAF as well--just under 8 years. Had a line number for E-6 but got out 6 days before I was due to sew it on.

San Antonio, Rantoul (IL), Plattsburgh (NY), Comiso (Sicily), and Lubbock. Was supposed to follow on to Torrejon, Spain, after Comiso, but wife had just graduated from nursing school and I couldn't ask her to put her career on hold for 4 years so we ended up in the panhandle of Texas. Both kids were born there.

Plattsburg was cold i bet. I was in 9yrs and 8 months...i got RIFed because of the overage during the Clinton years...so i was laid off...go figure. I was stationed at Kadena (Okinawa), K.I. Sawyer (Mich), Yokota (Japan), and Clark (The PI).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tea-party-vs-occupy-wall-street.jpg
Compliments of Jim Lavery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Plattsburg was cold i bet. I was in 9yrs and 8 months...i got RIFed because of the overage during the Clinton years...so i was laid off...go figure. I was stationed at Kadena (Okinawa), K.I. Sawyer (Mich), Yokota (Japan), and Clark (The PI).

I bet KI was pretty cold as well. RIF'd--Reduction in Force.

wkmac

Why aren't you out there protesting you slacker...

Gee, you found me out. Exposed me to the group for what I am. Your status among your collective I'm sure will be elevated. "Likes" will come you way and the collective may even see you as a leader because you've protected the collective group think. You should be honored and revered and I'm sure you will be. My congrats to you sir on this you most special day!

In the meantime:

Much has been said about the Occupy Wall Street protests that began in New York and have spread to various places around the country. It is easy to poke fun at the protesters, especially when they seem to be struggling for a coherent set of complaints and reforms, or when they live out every parody of radical democracy ever conceived without the self-awareness to recognize it. What are they trying to say other than that they are unhappy with the status quo and think some sort of radical change is needed?
Underneath all the rhetoric I think there is at least one set of issues that seem to unite many at these protests, even as it too remains somewhat ill-defined. Many are upset about what they see as the inappropriate power of corporations to control their lives and the direction of the U.S. economy. This manifests itself as a more specific complaint about the bailouts of banks in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

Corporatism and Power to the People

It may all beg the question, Which Side Are You On?

"When All Men Have Liberty, Thou Wilt Not Steal!"
Benjamin R. Tucker (1884')

wkmac

Hot off the press, Bloomberg Caves!
It may be starting to get so big that the powers that be fear pushing back will cause a much greater backlash.

Oh, and on a note from Occupy Atlanta, 10 more tents went up overnight. Now how did I happen to know that exact number?
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hot off the press, Bloomberg Caves!
It may be starting to get so big that the powers that be fear pushing back will cause a much greater backlash.

Oh, and on a note from Occupy Atlanta, 10 more tents went up overnight. Now how did I happen to know that exact number?
:wink2:
New york and the rest of the East coast locations need a good freezing rain.........then see which celebrities & big-wigs are present. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Canadian cities brace for Occupy Wall Street’s weekend shift across the border

Toronto and other major cities are bracing for the Canadian echo of the Occupy Wall Street protest this weekend.

The movement, sparked by an idea in Vancouver-based Adbusters magazine last summer, has since spread to dozens of American cities and now is migrating north. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Regina and even sleepy Charlottetown are scheduled to see protests on Saturday

moreluck

golden ticket member
Canadian cities brace for Occupy Wall Street’s weekend shift across the border

Toronto and other major cities are bracing for the Canadian echo of the Occupy Wall Street protest this weekend.

The movement, sparked by an idea in Vancouver-based Adbusters magazine last summer, has since spread to dozens of American cities and now is migrating north. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Regina and even sleepy Charlottetown are scheduled to see protests on Saturday

So, the original idea was Canadian......now I know who you remind me of......it just popped in my head.
Remember the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Michael Considine played the father of the bride and
you could give him any word and he'd spout off how that word originated from the Greek!

You are the "Gus Portokalos" of Canada !!!

klein

I don't think it's much to do here with the economy, but will still have 7.1% unemployment, and growth is slow since 2008, but more to do with the gap between rich and poor, and greedy corperations that are now hiring more and more part-timers instead of full-timers to avoid paying bennies.

I recently got to see the time card sheet at Safeway while I was waiting at customer service.
Most of the people working there only get 4 hrs shifts per day, and only a few days per week, too.

Other reasons will include high tuition fees, solidarity for our USA friends to the south.

Probably will know more by Saturday.

klein

going to set up your cart ?

Nope, because I would never get a city permit for that, which is required on city property.
Besides, not even suppose to hit this city this weekend, but it could.
I haven't heard of anything or even where they would gather.

In this colder weather, hot chocolate and coffee would sell damn good though.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey Nancy.......you support this too???

ZIP | Friday, October 14, 2011 @ 10:15 am |
Vile: Wall Street Occupiers Desecrate American Flag…

My blood just came to a boil.

A member of the Occupy Wall St movement walks over a U.S. flag on that lies on the ground in Zuccotti Park near the financial district of New York October 13, 2011. New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, who called for the protesters to leave briefly on Friday so the park could be cleaned, has indicated he expects the area to clear out once the real cold sets in. (REUTERS/Lucas Jackson)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Boston Occupiers Spit On Female Coast Guard Member In Uniform…

Classy.
BOSTON (FOX 25) — The Coast Guard in Boston confirmed that a woman in uniform was harassed and spat upon near Occupy Boston protesters.
The woman was walking to the train and said protesters spit on her twice, called her foul names and even threw a water bottle at her.
Now, the Coast Guard is warning all staff working on Atlantic Avenue to avoid those protesters while in uniform.

A spokesman for Occupy Boston, doesn’t believe that those male protestors are actually part of the movement.

More than 140 Occupy Boston protesters were arrested earlier this week for refusing to cooperate with police on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

The peaceful protestors say, this wasn’t supposed to happen and a group of anarchists were the ones rebelling, and they don’t condone it.