Desert Mountain District voted Best Overall U.S. Operation CONGRATULATIONS!

everything in life has to be a life and death struggle for you guys. It about being part of a work group to me. So when you come to me selling some raffle for your kids little league team I'll be reaching into my pocket to help you out. when I come to you for a couple bucks for united way and ask you to help our cause I expect the same in return. If you want to go fight purple dragons then join some medevil troupe and leave the BS there.

I've never asked any coworker for any type of donation. Don't cry over spilled milk, many people who no longer give to UW would still be giving to UPS related charities if management hadn't turned it into something evil by threatening and intimidating people to gain 100% participation.

pretzel_man

Obviously you aren't getting it. My onroad supervisor about 4 years ago told me that I "MUST" give to the United Way or there would be consequences because we needed to be 100%. I have never given another dime to UW or any UPS related charity since that event and I never will again. It has nothing to do with being defiant and going against UPS at every turn -- the intimidation techniques you guys use on a daily basis are nothing short of pure malice.

I do get it....

Four years ago, a zealous supervisor pushed you hard because he and / or his management wanted 100% participation. Today, your words are that you give "zero to greedy UPS related projects."

As I said before.... give, don't give, its your call.

yes, UPS wants its people to give. This does NOT make this a "greedy" project to use your words.

United Way is a good organization. UPS donates to do good with its charitable dollar.

Your supervisors demand was not right. Neither is your portrait of UW campaigns as greedy.

P-Man

local804

all hoping to some day reach the super bowl of dishonesty and become a mob affiliated business agent.:happy2:

Just had to bring mob and business agent into this thread?
There is a slush fund in our hub also. The money is from raffles for the bicycles, bake sales, and the selling of drinks from the coolers (not in vending machines). All money is handed directly to a UPS supervisor and who knows what happens there. There also are candy machines that have all proceeds donated to the United Way on them. Mothers day and Valentines day, a trailer filled with flowers is sold to employees, and the money is collected by NO not a vendor, a ups sup. I am not saying there is any wrong doing here but clearly alot of cash being handled and not being collected by vendors like one of the other posters said.

tieguy

Banned
I've never asked any coworker for any type of donation. Don't cry over spilled milk, many people who no longer give to UW would still be giving to UPS related charities if management hadn't turned it into something evil by threatening and intimidating people to gain 100% participation.

its a shame they do so but then there are so many people that do not help their community for all the wrong reasons. They create reasons to be cheap.

tieguy

Banned
Just had to bring mob and business agent into this thread?

For some reason you guys think you're immune to discussions of fraud despite the teamster unions long illustrious history of corruption. What local pray tell has been the most corrupt in that time?

hypocrisy

Banned
More than 20 years ago I was required to attend a United Way presentation at our hub. The presenter told this colorful story about how he was trying to get 100% participation in the center he was solicitiing but there was one holdout. Finally he approached the Center Manager who signed the donation form in the employees name and made the donation. He told this story without the slightest hint of concern for the ethics of his actions or the managers.

This was a few years before the Aramony scandal which did not surprise me in the slightest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Aramony

Giving to Charity should be a personal choice without pressure from people who can affect your daily work environment. It does not belong in the workplace whatsoever. Just replace the pressure tactics they use with harassment language and you will see the problem:
"So when you come to me selling some raffle for your kids little league team I'll be reaching into my pocket to help you out. when I come to you for sexual favors and ask you to give it up I expect the same in return."

If you still want to give to the United Way, it's not necessary to do it through UPS or any employer.

local804

For some reason you guys think you're immune to discussions of fraud despite the teamster unions long illustrious history of corruption. What local pray tell has been the most corrupt in that time?

Lets stay on the topic at hand please. For some reason when you are backed into a corner, you attack with the typical mob teamster nonsense. Please stay on the topic.

tieguy

Banned
Lets stay on the topic at hand please. For some reason when you are backed into a corner, you attack with the typical mob teamster nonsense. Please stay on the topic.

for some reason you seem to think you can attack us on integrity and ignore your unions long love affair with the mob. Don't bring it if you cant take it.

tieguy

Banned
I promise you there will be plenty of other post for you to spew your hatred against our teamsters.

you guys are so quick to cry. Your guy took a shot at management , i reminded him that your BA's work for the mob.
there is no hatred for the teamsters in that exchange

local804

you guys are so quick to cry. Your guy took a shot at management , i reminded him that your BA's work for the mob.

Tie, just a reminder....I am in local 804 and we have been mobster free since Ron.

local804

The thread is Desert Mountain District voted best overall and does not even come close for a teamster invitation.

pretzel_man

The thread is Desert Mountain District voted best overall and does not even come close for a teamster invitation.

You are certainly right.... This was posted by Lifer who went out of his way to congratulate all UPSer's , both management and hourly. It was done in only a positive light.

What followed was a series of posts about how management lies, fudges numbers, is greedy, etc.

It may have been nice if the concern for staying on topic came 57 posts ago.

804, I'm honestly not trying to complain to you or your attempt to get this back on track. But, when complaints of a previous UW scandal were raised, it was predictable that Teamster history would also be raised.

I think you would agree it is sad when even a positive well intentioned thread can turn nasty...

P-Man

local804

As far as I know, there are only 4 families that take care of the community and donate. Time and money to the people that need it most.(kind of like your UPS family but they dont have a balanced scorecard so its truley from the bottom of their heart) I like the kindness of giving tie but some of the tactics your family use here are sickning. I wont get into it here.................but its just nasty...........ugh ugh(coughing)

I hear ya p man