Desert Mountain District voted Best Overall U.S. Operation CONGRATULATIONS!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are certainly right.... This was posted by Lifer who went out of his way to congratulate all UPSer's , both management and hourly. It was done in only a positive light.

What followed was a series of posts about how management lies, fudges numbers, is greedy, etc.

It may have been nice if the concern for staying on topic came 57 posts ago.

804, I'm honestly not trying to complain to you or your attempt to get this back on track. But, when complaints of a previous UW scandal were raised, it was predictable that Teamster history would also be raised.

I think you would agree it is sad when even a positive well intentioned thread can turn nasty...

P-Man
Thanks P-man. As of yet, there has not been one word mentioned of this in a PCM though I will admit that we didn't even have a PCM this morning. I will endevour to make it happen tomorrow. :wink2:

I do get it....

Four years ago, a zealous supervisor pushed you hard because he and / or his management wanted 100% participation. Today, your words are that you give "zero to greedy UPS related projects."

As I said before.... give, don't give, its your call.

yes, UPS wants its people to give. This does NOT make this a "greedy" project to use your words.

United Way is a good organization. UPS donates to do good with its charitable dollar.

Your supervisors demand was not right. Neither is your portrait of UW campaigns as greedy.

P-Man

P-man, Lets be honest...The UPS idea of giving to UW is nothing but a good idea gone bad!!! Whether Uw is good or bad is not the problem...the problem is UPS turning it into a numbers game. Pushing and pushing operations and divisions to participate at 100% and wanting to be the #1 corporate giver every year! I give you this challenge, instead of signing your next pleadge card...tell your boss you have decided not to contribute this year. Give no excuses or reasons and just watch the heat come down on you.

tieguy

Banned
P-man, Lets be honest...The UPS idea of giving to UW is nothing but a good idea gone bad!!! Whether Uw is good or bad is not the problem...the problem is UPS turning it into a numbers game. Pushing and pushing operations and divisions to participate at 100% and wanting to be the #1 corporate giver every year! I give you this challenge, instead of signing your next pleadge card...tell your boss you have decided not to contribute this year. Give no excuses or reasons and just watch the heat come down on you.

if corporations like ups were not so aggressive in collecting funds then many worthwhile charities would have to mak do with less and or without. The fact is that most people would forget to write that check each month if left to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if corporations like ups were not so aggressive in collecting funds then many worthwhile charities would have to mak do with less and or without. The fact is that most people would forget to write that check each month if left to them.

Having the funds withdrawn weekly allows me to pledge a larger amount than I would be able to write as a single check.

BrownArmy

I'm not trying to be a charity party-pooper, but my guess is that some of the posters have less of an issue with the concept of giving to charity than they do with the concept of being (more or less) forced to give to a specific charity that happens to be the charity endorsed by their place of employment, in this case UW and UPS.

All charities have overhead, some less than others. The United Way is certainly a good charity, but come on people, there are thousands of other worthwhile charities that are as deserving as UW.

If a UPS'er wants to give their donations to another charity, or simply doesn't agree with UPS's 100% compliance push for EACH AND EVERY EMPLOYEE to donate to the UW, does that really make said UPS'er a charity-hater?

People, please. The United Way isn't the only charity out there...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...which is why you are asked if you wish to designate your funds to a specific charity. My entire pledge goes to our local Hospice as I think they provide an invaluable service to our community. If you do not designate your local UW will disperse your funds for you.