Detroit Bankrupt

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't remember hearing anything on this topic from land whale, Michael Moore. Granted, he's a Flint boy, but Michigan's big city is in trouble.

wkmac

Regardless of solution, A return to top down approaches that returns us to the same construct as before, nevermind the method used will in time only return us to where we are right now. The time is now to do something totally different.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
RR,

Lets not have anyone "risk" their money and try to get Detroit out of Bankruptcy ??? So what if "Hedge funds" made a profit and "re-built " Detroit----much better than my tax money doing it !!

Island, I have no problem with privatizing the garbage, or even the transportation and streetlights, but what I do have a problem with is an oligarch stooge coming in and decimating the DIA. Now if these 'hedge funds' buy the art and place it on permanent loan to the DIA, I think I could work with that.

I would like to also point out that you were well served by placing "risk" in quotes. Air quotes would have been better, though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The cupboard is bare........nice lie, Nancy P.!!!

You also fail to mention that since 1962, Detroit has had Democratic mayors.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The cupboard is bare........nice lie, Nancy P.!!!

You also fail to mention that since 1962, Detroit has had Democratic mayors.

Detroit has nothing to do with democratic mayors and everything to do with OUTSOURCING american jobs. A trend RONALD REAGAN started, Daddy BUSH made worse with NAFTA and baby BUSH losing 11 million jobs to overseas countries.

You could have had republican mayors and the outcome would have been IDENTICAL.

Detroit is the shining example of pure capitalism. Take american jobs overseas to generate higher profits for executives and shareholders at the low low price of the AMERICAN TAXPAYERS.

Nothing is for free in america, and the republicans keep finding ways to toss the responsibility of the country onto the backs of whatever is left of the american middle class tax base.

Ya, you got it all figured out moreluck.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

AWESOME SOURCE of information ROADRUNNER!

Too bad its too complicated for the FOX news watchers to understand. Its alot easier to blame Obama and the democratic mayors then reality.

Peace

TOS

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Daddy BUSH made worse with NAFTA and baby BUSH losing 11 million jobs to overseas countries.
Both parties agreed to NAFTA and Clinton fully endorsed the bill, signed it.

nafta_1229.jpg

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Both parties agreed to NAFTA and Clinton fully endorsed the bill, signed it.

nafta_1229.jpg

WHERE DO YOU GET "BOTH PARTIES AGREED TO NAFTA?"

Secondly, DADDY, bush signed the agreement with canada and mexico during HIS term and it went to the presidents desk when Clinton took office. CLinton facing an override in the republican controlled congress had no choice but to sign the bill with a few corrections.

Voting record on nafta..

congress
H.R. 3450 (103rd): North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

Senate

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

The votes went down party lines for the most part. A republican bill stacked against the american worker.

NAFTA destroyed millions of good jobs in the USA. These jobs will NEVER return to the USA.

history:

NAFTA was signed by President George H.W. Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in 1992. It was ratified by the legislatures of the three countries in 1993. The U.S. House of Representatives approved it by 234 to 200 on November 17, 1993. The U.S. Senate approved it by 60 to 38 on November 20, three days later. NAFTA was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on December 8, 1993 and entered force January 1, 1994. Although it was signed by President Bush, it was a priority of President Clinton's, and its passage is considered one of his first successes. (Source: History.com, NAFTA Signed into Law, December 8, 1993)

Maybe if you understood what NAFTA was, who created it, why was it designed and who stood to benefit from it, then you would understand how Detroit and many other cities are failing today.

Everything takes time. Profits over people and the country. The slow death of american industry was "inked" away by DADDY BUSH.

Peace

TOS