Diad 6 - Classic manifest style

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Too much going on with the 19 stops listed IMO. I go with the middle setting and like it. Lists 9 stops, now has added the name and you see that with the address. But I'm also not scrolling aroung all day, just follow the blue line and go. If your trying to jump around your route I could see why the 19 stops would help but seems like to much work.
I have a handful of pickups that throw off their “solution.” Running the route with common sense is my preference. We don’t have the update that shows the consignee, so that should be fun.

JustDeliverIt

I have a handful of pickups that throw off their “solution.” Running the route with common sense is my preference. We don’t have the update that shows the consignee, so that should be fun.

I have a rural route and the few pickups I have Orion doesn't seem to know how to handle. If you get there 1 minute before the posted time, get an alert that you are too early. So it tries to get me there at the time or later instead of a range on either side of the commit time like Diad 5 would do, and that throws things off. I don't like it, but I just have no desire to fight it either.

I'm out later every day with the same amount of stops I did last year and with more miles. Orion has me going in and out of town repeatedly doing rural stops 3 times or more instead of getting it all done and saving town for the end of the day when I'm back in town doing pickups. And the 6 makes it more difficult to complete stops and just scroll through the day so why fight it.

JustDeliverIt

Has anyone been having issues with navigation working since the update?

Worked fine Friday for us. But we also have the new diad "expert team" at our building this week. We were supposed to roll Diad 6 this past week while they were here but our management decided to start early by a week or so before they got here. Not sure if they have helped with things but it seemed smooth so far.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Map view is awesome, but due to the touch screen's inability to work in the rain it can make rainy (or even just humid!) days frustrating as hell.
Just DR in the cab until somebody with a clipboard notices, obviously it loses a little bit of time but the time saved having a functioning screen that does not ghost tap into random stops and crashes saves all that time back.

I think it’s easier now to look at the map and connect the dots.
Some of the older guys with longtime routes genuinely don't know where they are on a map, like your whole career up to this point was looking at names and addresses on a list.

Maybe way back you regularly had physical maps to look at.

And a whole chunk of it may also be it's an electronic map.

Last edited:

21Savage

🤣 Good luck delivering like this.

Attachments

• 20220611_105443.jpg
    20220611_105443.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 54

Ghost in the Darkness

I know diad 6 is just another thing we have to babysit, but the fact that its an embarrassment that they continue to say "oh its not that bad" is commical to me. It just really reflects how clueless management really is.
When you need to reboot (sometimes multiple times) in order to punch in and punch out says a lot. You can work here.. but you can't park here, you can't punch in or punch out.
I show up on time, if diad won't let me punch in then they can put me on the list to fix it in the p.m.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I know diad 6 is just another thing we have to babysit, but the fact that its an embarrassment that they continue to say "oh its not that bad" is commical to me. It just really reflects how clueless management really is.
When you need to reboot (sometimes multiple times) in order to punch in and punch out says a lot. You can work here.. but you can't park here, you can't punch in or punch out.
I show up on time, if diad won't let me punch in then they can put me on the list to fix it in the p.m.
Supervisor: @MECH-lift why did you run two hours over

@MECH-lift: The Diad keeps freezing 🤷‍♂️

GRRRRR ANGRY SUPERVISORS
🧔‍♂️✊

specter208

I’m guessing the diad has not enough system memory or cpu speed. If you swipe down with your fingers at the top of the screen it has a whole bunch of services running in the background.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I’m guessing the diad has not enough system memory or cpu speed. If you swipe down with your fingers at the top of the screen it has a whole bunch of services running in the background.

My favorite is when you restart it and all these apps that we never touch fly across the screen like a waterfall. Nice job guys! Really knocked it out of the park with this one 😂

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Our navigation has been turned of for a beta test to see if it causes less DIAD crashing

It doesn’t crash as much but it still slows down enough to have to reboot it
The vast majority of crashes have been consolidated down to scanning a package out of area or opening a stop without a scan, which means the only way to view details in any way without crashing the device is to be near the delivery and to scan one of the delivery packages.

I have no clue why this is the case other than that maybe two seperate teams are tying to open up the map software with two separate obfuscated APIs and then creating some kind of error in short order as these separate obfuscated calls are then handled by the map managed by a third team.

specter208

The vast majority of crashes have been consolidated down to scanning a package out of area or opening a stop without a scan, which means the only way to view details in any way without crashing the device is to be near the delivery and to scan one of the delivery packages.

I have no clue why this is the case other than that maybe two seperate teams are tying to open up the map software with two separate obfuscated APIs and then creating some kind of error in short order as these separate obfuscated calls are then handled by the map managed by a third team.
Also the software slows down when in low reception areas like canyons and country routes.